HELP US. WE'RE DYING! | Teen Ink

HELP US. WE'RE DYING!

Someone once said, “Have a deep respect for the source of life and also for the ocean, for the forest, [the green$$], for the stars and for the truth.” This is especially true to me because the forest is a great source of life and people need to hear the truth. If I were in charge of Idaho’s forests I would help by replenishing and preserving the trees.
People don’t realize that your killing animals for every tree cut down. How would you feel if a bulldozer just came and bulldozed your house? That’s right, you wouldn’t like it! So, let’s fix our mistakes! We could plant one tree for every tree cut down, and in one hundred years there will be fresh new beauty for our children. That way, we can make sure that there are trees replacing the ones we cut down.
Another way is to make classroom more technologically advanced. My class does that by using computers to write assignments. By doing so, you can decrease your paper use by over 90%. That is a huge difference that can help the environment a lot. My classroom did that and the teacher has passed only 6 pieces of paper to each student in the first two months of school. How many pieces of paper do you use? I bet its more than that.
Finally, recycle! If we recycled more paper then we could have more, and throw away less. Thus, put the forest to better uses than landfills, that means an increase of protected areas and parks for recreational and educational uses. Think of that next time you go and throw away a piece of paper! After replenishing, we will get volunteers to help clean them up, and keep them that way.
Of course we need paper and wood, but why so much of it? There are so many ways to keep or forests green. All we need to do now is take action. I’m doing my part. Are you?