What About Us? | Teen Ink

What About Us?

October 14, 2008
By WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!! SILVER, Boise, Idaho
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!! SILVER, Boise, Idaho
7 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Picture yourself walking through a forest, except instead of live green healthy trees there were dead trees the color of dirt, because of the air pollution. Well we can prevent that, by using less gas and using alternate sources of fuel and energy. Because we don’t want dirt trees, dirt is boring. But you’re not the only ones that can prevent that, what about my generation, and our kids. What if they don’t know how to conserve? We’re back in the same place. That is why if I was in charge of the forest service my main focus would be education.
The first reason my main focus would be education because if we educate future generations, about eliminating the use of non-renewable resources then us and future generations will conserve, and save the earth. What happens if we just conserve right now, then the world will fall into chaos. Because what actually happens if we run out of gas, really? If they don’t know how to conserve then our world will fall into pieces.
But while you’re teaching us you need to start it. How much gas do you use in a week? How much solar power do you use? If all of America uses as much gas as we are now then we will be out of gas in a few years.
Even though we should conserve that doesn’t mean that we should stop using gas immediately, and just walk everywhere. We need to start to slowly ease into it. Because say we outlaw all gas powered cars, then start making electric cars. Most people would have to walk everywhere.
Adriaan Kortlandt once said, “Once I saw a chimpanzee gaze at a particularly beautiful sunset for a full 15 minutes, watching the changing colors [and then] retire to the forest without picking a pawpaw for supper.” If we don’t conserve that chimpanzee won’t be there. Instead of seeing the chimpanzee you might wonder if something maybe something sat on that branch.