Tree's Best Friend | Teen Ink

Tree's Best Friend

You see a car zooming past you with the word Hybrid on the back of the car and you want to study what it was. You have never heard of a car named Hybrid and then you see that it was a Toyota Prius. And then you look at the city and you see so many factories and cars smoking up the air and you wish that everything could be Hybrid. A lot of people want other people to buy Hybrid cars. Many people are doing it too but not enough. I know a lot of people who say other people need to buy Hybrid cars but they don’t even buy them because they look funny. I agree some Hybrid cars look funny but there are also nice Hybrid cars that many people can buy. I think the government should ban gas powered cars and replace them with Hybrid cars.
Do you ever wonder how the Hybrid car moves or gets around without gas, or why some people call the Hybrid car the electric car? So I guess that gives you a clue, yes it runs on electricity. And Hybrid cars are being bought more because of the gas prices. And that is a good thing because more Hybrid cars equal less pollution. It's not only cars it's planes, here are some Hybrid cars available in North America: Honda Civic Hybrid, Honda Accord Hybrid, Nissan Altima, Toyota Prius, and Toyota Camry Hybrid, and there are also some SUV Hybrids like: Ford Escape Hybrid SUV, Lexus 400h Hybrid SUV, Toyota Highlander Hybrid SUV, Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV, and the Mazda Tribute compact SUV, Honda Insight Hybrid, Suzuki Twin Hybrid, Honda Accord Hybrid, Ford Escape Hybrid, Lexus RX 400h Hybrid, Lexus GS450h Hybrid, Chevy Silverado Hybrid, GMC Sierra, 2008 Lexus LS 600h Hybrid.
Now here are some facts about Hybrid cars: The term "Hybrid" means that something is mixed with its original form. It recharges itself. The world’s first Hybrid car was the "Mixte", which was build by Ferdinand Porsche in 1902. The first commercial Hybrid car was the Toyota Prius which was manufactured in Japan inn1997. Toyota has sold more than 120,000 Prius models in the U.S. through the end of 2004."Not surprisingly, hybrids are most popular among Californians," stated a related Yahoo Buzz report filed in 2005 which listed the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, DC, and New York as top originators of 'hybrid car' searches - "all cities where traffic and gas prices make hybrids a smart choice." The electric motor that drives the Hybrid can also slow the car. In this mode, the electric motor acts as a generator and charges the batteries while the car is slowing down. When a Hybrid car is stopped in traffic, the engine is temporarily shut off and then wit restarts automatically when put back to gear. It’s narrower; the stiffer tires have less drag. The United States government offers a tax rebate for people who are using Hybrid cars. The speed of a Hybrid car is as fast as any conventional car. Hybrids can get up to 55 to 60 mpg in city driving, while a typical SUV might travel 15 - 20 miles per gallon. They are up to 90% cleaner than other vehicles so they're environmentally friendly. The two major manufactures are Honda Motors and Toyota Motor Corporation.

All I want to do is tell you readers what I feel is best for the environment and that is Hybrid cars. If you want to help the earth survive than you should think of getting a Hybrid car. If not, it's okay many people600 are buying them anyway. So in conclusion be like me and many people and do what’s right for the environment, and buy a Hybrid car.