A Closer Walk With Nature | Teen Ink

A Closer Walk With Nature

October 14, 2011
By musiqqlvr31 BRONZE, Chennai,Tamil Nadu, Other
musiqqlvr31 BRONZE, Chennai,Tamil Nadu, Other
3 articles 0 photos 35 comments

All around us, we see it every day, but hardly observe it. We hear it, but never listen to its sweet calls. We feel it everywhere, but how many times have we really experienced it? Ever since the dawn of time, we were gifted with its presence. Sadly, we never understood its worth, till our very own actions started questioning its existence. What is it? Nature! The sunset and sunrise, the song of birds, their evening gatherings, the breeze that sways trees and the winds that blow your mind away…it’s all nature and beauty divine. Nature is everywhere and not just in resorts, parks, forests and mountains. It’s even in the cities. How many times a day do we come across places that have gardens, trees or even plants and how many times do we notice them and relish their serenity? Sometimes even our homes have gardens. In the midst of our busy, hectic, stressful lives, we fail to think about anything other than duties and few priorities. We spend all our free time watching TV or playing on the internet. If we spent some of this time tending gardens or walking in the park, we’d find it way more relaxing, if not entertaining, than anything else. Nature is serene, beautiful, lovely, unique and a gift to every one of us. Experiencing it should be a part of our lives. The next time you are bored or stressed, take a break and listen to the birds tweeting, the wind blowing, water lapping on the shore, the crickets cricketing all night long and the trees swaying. See the breathtaking sunrise and sunset-how in minutes a blanket of darkness overcomes light and how the light wins over darkness. See the birds in tens, hundreds and thousands , flying away home, the clouds each of them, having their own story to tell, the plants growing greener by the day, the flowers smiling, the stars twinkling in complete darkness. Feel the waves of the sea , the shades of the trees and the lovely gentle breeze. Take a closer walk with nature.