The Oil Spill- Can It Be Stopped? | Teen Ink

The Oil Spill- Can It Be Stopped?

By AndreaD GOLD, West Chester, Pennsylvania
AndreaD GOLD, West Chester, Pennsylvania

According to Greek mythology, humans were originally created with four legs, four arms and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus split them apart, condemning them to spend their lives in search of their other half.

The oil spills in the south are finally flowing into the Louisiana coast. Governor Bobby Jindal contacted the government and BP (an oil company) to “stop the oil spill or get out of his way”. Jindal is furious about the failing attempts to stop the oil spill. He is awaiting permission from the government to approve an emergency plan- to build barriers around islands to keep the oil out. He quotes, “We've been frustrated with the disjointed effort to date that has too often meant too little, too late for the oil hitting our coast.” He has already claimed that he will build the barriers himself, even if he is thrown in jail afterward. BP has confirmed that they are postponing any major operations until Wednesday. Homeland Security Janet Napolitano says, “We are going to stay on this and stay on BP until this gets done and this gets done the right way.”

The oil spill has become a massive problem not only in our country, but all over the world. Thousands of species are at risk of becoming extinct and will be vanished from the face of the earth forever. The Gulf of Mexico is being destroyed day by day, and the government should be doing more than what they are doing right now in order to clean up this humongous mess. Many strong supporters of President Obama have been objecting to his “lack of leadership in plugging the leaking hole.” President Obama has exhibited this description of actions, and needs to own up to what he has said in the past: “Yes, we can.”

Suman said...
I was really on the lookout for a suitable essay on Loneliness that would deal with all the required aspects of the subject. I have no hesitation to admit the fact that this essay has lived up to my expectations in large measure.