Keep an Open Mind on Global Warming | Teen Ink

Keep an Open Mind on Global Warming

By NightStalker PLATINUM, San Diego, California
NightStalker PLATINUM, San Diego, California

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"
-Adam Savage

When my dad attended Southern Utah University, he started with the supposition that man's activities were causing the average temperatures of the globe to increase. He decided to research this in his science classes and the more he researched the claims and research by pro-global warming scientists, the more he became convinced that man's activities have nothing to do with climate change.
Now with the exposure of e-mails of the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, he has been proven right.
Many of these e-mails show what he suspected years ago. He became convinced that people were falsifying data, or selecting data that supports the hypothesis (an unproven idea) of global warming, and ignoring data that does not support their position.
What makes this worse is that for at least 10 years, and perhaps as much as 48 years, the average global temperatures have decreased and the Climate Research Unit has been trying to dismiss this.
Their models (math equations) have said that by now the earth should be so hot that places like Yuma should be unlivable due to extreme heat. Florida would be under water due to ice caps melting. A mathematician in Canada has been asking to see the data and the equations these scientists use, but they refuse to release them. Ask yourself, "What are they trying to hide?"
One of the e-mails from the Climate Research Unit talks about the problem of the warming period of the Middle Ages. One of the statements by the Global Warming "experts" is that the earth is warmer now than it ever has been, particularly in man's history. The Middle Ages warm period lasted for several centuries about 1,000 years ago. The earth was a lot warmer then than it is now.
Jules Ohrin-Greipp in his recent letter in the Yuma Sun says there is no down-side to acting as if global warming is real. He disagrees. It will hit all of us in the bank account and hard. It ignores the huge cost of this program. It will cost us hundreds of billions of dollars, if not trillions, to comply with the proposed reduction of carbon dioxide emissions. Everyone who uses energy (all of us) will pay for it in higher energy costs, and higher costs of devices that use energy.
He also takes exception to global warming being taught in schools as a fact and not a hypothesis. There are scare tactics being used that will make these children submissive to the will of big government. What they need is to have our future decision-makers question ideas such as global warming, not be passive sheep.
Look into this matter with an open mind. The global warming alarmists are just using emotions to sway public opinion because their proposals will not stand the light of reason and investigation. A good place to start is "Coleman's Corner" at www.kusi.com/weather/colemanscorner. Also there is a series called "The Great Global Warming Swindle" on youtube.com, but global warming alarmists have been trying to get it removed.

My dad wrote this in a letter to the editor in our local news paper. He gave me permision to modify it and post it here.

-Adam Savage

Thanks for that.

burningembers GOLD, Union City, Ohio
Thank you.  I agree everything said here.  I used to believe the propaganda spewed by the government, but after doing my own research I came to a different conclusion.