National Charity League | Teen Ink

National Charity League

March 31, 2008
By Anonymous

National Charity League is the largest national mother-daughter service organization which provides community assistance to local charitable organizations. The philanthropies which my local chapter provides aid to are: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, North Fulton Community Charities and Child Development Center, Georgia Ensemble Theater, Spruill Oaks Regional Library, Autrey Mill Nature Center, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, and my two favorites, Senior Services of North Fulton, and Ronald McDonald House. Through my community service work I saw first hand the needs of others and how one person can put a smile on someone's face. My favorite service opportunity was Meals on Wheels which is where you drive around to homes of senior citizens and bring them meals. One day this summer my friend and I brought them flowers from a garden and our favorite senior citizen, Ms. Newton, could not stop smiling, said thank you many times and told us we made her day. This is only one instance where I felt like I was making a difference. I have enjoyed my time as an active member of National Charity League and I think this becomes obvious as you look at my hours. I have contributed a total of 545.5 community service hours and 110.5 leadership hours. I have served as the Vice-President of Programs during my sophomore year of high school and I have held the position of Special Event Representative two times. The hours of charity work have molded me into a more caring and more mature person. But, most importantly I have, hopefully, made someone else's day a little brighter and left a smile on their face. But more important than my personal growth is the smile I have left on someone’s face.