Bullied Bully | Teen Ink

Bullied Bully

By Izamaniac BRONZE, Roanoke, Virginia
Izamaniac BRONZE, Roanoke, Virginia

"It's no use going back to yesterday, I was different then."-Alice in Wonderland
"I can do all things through Christ when he strengthens me."-Philipians 4:13

There are four types of bullies, the ones who take pride in there "work" and will try there hardest to push people over the edge. There are the ones who stand back and watch as this happen, the passer-byers, the ones who slip by trying not to be noticed. There is the bully who doesn't know any better, who has emmotions unknown to them, they quite at some point, but still leave the pain. Then, there are ones who defend the bullied, they give the touching speaches, they are thr bullied at times, but somehow, they themselves are bullies. They argue for there beliefs, when running out of back-up turns, they turn over to name calling for support. Yes, even they are bullies. Because when you say the word bully, that popular cheerleader, that tough kid pops in your head, right? You couldn't possibly be one. How could you, you "love" every one. Except the bullies. Why should we, they should know better...right? Have you heard the saying "Don't judge a person untill you've walked in there shoes"? I have, and I hadn't really understood untill I was in 2nd grade.  There was a 5th grade girl who bullied my brother and I.  We of course told our mom, who told the principle, whom did some digging (so to speak). My mom told me that the bully was bullied by her older siblings and lived a not so nice life, and didn't know how to deal with it. Years later, I had just finished making fun of my brother when she came to mind. I felt crushed. I had reinacted what she had done to me. I myself was a bully. 

mplo said...
on Jan. 27 2016 at 6:39 am
All too often, victims become victimizers, because being victimized puts one on the defensive, and leaves him/her with a feeling of inferiority. While there's definitely no excuse for the victimization of another person, by anybody, victimizing another person that they consider below them is often an attempt on the part of a (former) victim to get off the defensive and to shake the feelings of inferiority that they've been left with. This kind of behavior pattern not only happens among siblings and other ordinary people, but it happens throughout the world. If one really looks at U. S. A. history, emigrants who were persecuted when they first came to this country have often come up and persecuted others who've come in after them. Sadly, this same thing occurs throughout the world, and in our society, even today. To quote a quote from Mark Twain, the author of the books "Tom Sawyer" and "Huckleberry Finn.": "History doesn't repeat. It rhymes."