Can We Stop Bullying? | Teen Ink

Can We Stop Bullying?

By Tamie GOLD, Sonora, California
Tamie GOLD, Sonora, California

"if you can be anyone just be you unless you could be Buffy Summers then be Buffy Summers"

Bullies are everywhere. They are on the internet. They are at school. They are in our family. They are even at the church you might go to.  Bullies, can be you or me.  I was bullied when I went to school. I was not skinny enough. I was not tall enough. I was not  athletic enough. I was to different and weird for me to fit in. The popular kids did not like me. They  tripped at lunch. They spread rumors about me. They accused me of barking the rules at school to try to get it to where I had to go to the principal office. My own sister told me i was not worth it. That she hated me. That I was adopted. That I was useless. I believed her. I believed the kids at school. I no longer believe them.  If you come to realize that then you are making the first step into stopping bullying. So, please help me end bullying.

I hope you like this peice.

Tamie GOLD said...
Tamie GOLD, Sonora, California

@Iamagingersonowyoursoulisgone that is really of what you achieved, I am sorry that you had to go threw that. Bullies are everywhere. I hope you know that you always loved by someone. You are never alone. You will always have someone. Please never take your own life it is not worth it. Don't give the the bullies the satisfaction of you taking your life. You are better then that.

Iamagingersonowyoursoulisgone BRONZE, Highland Park, New Jersey
I moved from the tiny school I used to go to for a couple of years so I could fix my problem with zoning out in class. I was made fun of and bullied constantly for I didn't care about how I dressed and typically picked more masculine outfits. They would whisper "She's a lesbian. She likes girls. That's so gross!" I would brush against someone in the hallway, and they would yell "EW! SHE TOUCHED ME! EW! SHE'S SO GROSS!" I had a couple of friends, but none of them were in my grade. Thoughts would come in the night, thoughts of taking my own life. I never had a night without horror-movie-esque nightmares. I moved back to my own school, the one I grew up in, and found myself loved and accepted. Everyone accepted me, and when I did come out, didn't care. I'm now going into high school, with the same kids I grew up with, and I'm actually excited. The scars from the bullying haven't quite faded, though. Where I used to face social situations with open arms, you'll find me cowering in a corner. Where I used to not judge anyone by their looks, I now calculate whether or not I should trust them in the few seconds of greeting. I had to get over my fear of touching anyone, fear of hugs. And my fear of starting a conversation with a stranger. I joined the drama club, something I will never regret, made some of my closest friends, and embraced my weirdness. I think everyone should find a group of people who will love and support them no matter what and to find people that will understand you and all your quirks. I achieved both of those in the drama club, and embraced my love for theatre and musicals.

Tamie GOLD said...
Tamie GOLD, Sonora, California

@azure- Thank you. I agree it is a viscous cycle. I think it will never go away but we can lessen it. We can help brake the curse of the bully.

.king. SILVER said...
.king. SILVER, Yeux Bien Tres Bien, Other

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Agreed. But there are struggles everywhere you go. This may sound pessimistic, but I'm afraid bullying is a cycle, that can't be stopped. One person gets bullied, becomes a bully so other could feel his/her pain, and it goes on. It's like revenge on an innocent person. I'm sure it could be lessen and have an awareness and that we become more acceptable of others. But it can't just fall off the face of the earth. Life's not perfect like that. Anyway, I think I went off point.. this is beautiful and I have yet to write my tribute to raise bullying awareness. ^_^

Tamie GOLD said...
Tamie GOLD, Sonora, California

Thank you. I know it happens to everyone. I hope when it does that they can open up and tell someone instead off bottling it up inside. Thank you.

SomeoneMagical PLATINUM, Durham, New Hampshire
This is a very touching story and I am sorry you had to go through that; not trying to be mean or anything but unfortunately that happens to pretty much anyone, even adults. No hard feelings. This was a great work and should be published in the magazine, not just beecause I like it, but because it allerts others of all the trauma some teens are going through. Good for you for finding the courage to share it:)