The Girl. | Teen Ink

The Girl.

March 11, 2014
By Booklover-101 BRONZE, Huntsville, Alabama
Booklover-101 BRONZE, Huntsville, Alabama
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny. -C.S. Lewis


"You're so kind and sweet", "That dress is beautiful on you", "You have an old soul you know", "I'm glad I have you to talk." You would think the girl receiving these compliments would be happy to hear these things because she deserved them. But she wasn't, she's the girl who's always there if you need her and asks for nothing in return, she's the friend who will stay up all night with you discussing your last break up, she's the girl who is always there to help.

But no one really knows her, she keeps to herself because the pain she feels inside is to deep and horrable to inflict on anyone else, she's the girl who crys herself to sleep everynight feeling lost and alone. If some one sees her staring off into space, she's usually thinking about all the pain and suffering in her heart But she brushes it off with an excuse "I'm just tired" she says and they all beleive her lies. Even when she comes out of the bathroom with tears in her eyes because she looks in the mirror and does'nt see what others see all she can see is uglyness.

You know in your heart she's not fine, like she wants everyone to believe. You can see it in her eyes... she's broken.


The author's comments:
I write this and hope that if you know someone like this you will reach out and help them.