Valentine's Day | Teen Ink

Valentine's Day

February 13, 2010
By cassidyasalways BRONZE, El Paso, Texas
cassidyasalways BRONZE, El Paso, Texas
1 article 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be the best that you can be, and that will always be good enough"


Valentine’s Day
I know what you’re thinking. “Oh man. Another sappy article about how much this girl loves her boyfriend.” Well you’re wrong. I know not everyone enjoys Valentine’s Day. I know I haven’t in the past years but I think that instead of being biter or trying to forget about the whole thing, we should celebrate it just like everyone else. Valentine’s Day isn’t only for marries couples and high school sweethearts.

I think Valentine’s Day is about celebrating your love for everyone in your life. It’s about showing your best friends, mom and dad, sister, cousins, aunt, uncle, boyfriend, girlfriend, neighbor, teachers, and everyone in between, how much you appreciate them being in your life. I mean, honestly, how often do you tell a certain person how glad you are to have them in your life? Not very often I’m guessing. I can say honestly, that I don’t come home every day and tell my parents how much I love them and appreciate them being with me. I hardly ever say this to my best friend either. It’s just not something we think of on a day-to-day basis. So Valentine’ day is just providing us with the opportunity to make up for all those days that we missed, by giving someone a ridiculous present that they cart around all day with a big goofy grin. So Valentine’s Day isn’t just a day for your significant other. It could be a best friend day, or a Mom and Dad day or any other person who is special to you. Never have a dim view of love because there is always someone who loves you with their entire heart. So happy Valentine’s Day (or best friend day or whatever you’re going to call it).


The author's comments:
I don't want people (including myself) to have a dim outlook on love.