Dream in Vision | Teen Ink

Dream in Vision

May 21, 2018
By Tahaseen BRONZE, Vancouver, Columbia
Tahaseen BRONZE, Vancouver, Columbia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

On the first day its face darkened intacting a morbid sense of resemblance. On the second day its hair, once a beautiful golden brown that cascaded down her back, lay limp and scargily. On the tenth day realization set in after its petrifying eyes shone with a dangerous craving. She knew it concealed her monstrous corruption. While she stayed young and beautiful; it personified the life she led. But what could she do?


She’d once heard, if you stared at your reflection in a dimly lit room for a good while. Your brain becomes bored and starts playing tricks on you. It starts to scare you and you’ll very likely see something queer. A monster prephaps. In reality, it’s just a mix of your reflection and anothers. How she wished it were true in her case. That everything was just a macabre dream and she would wake up one day to find absolutely nothing wrong.
There was a monster in the mirror, she knew, and it was not fiction.


There was a monster inside her, she knew.


The monster had stolen her but it hadn’t won yet.


However, she would the years pacing to and fro. Reminiscing the sins she’d committed. Feeling sick at the gleam of every smooth surface. Her conscience dwindling to paranoid madness. Every year, she kept her beauty. Every year, attempts to reconcile for her crimes proved to be fatal. Until the hideous fiend broke its spell and she faded away, lost to the world.


The monster may just have won.