Midnight Cabin in the Woods | Teen Ink

Midnight Cabin in the Woods

May 27, 2015
By trevor moates BRONZE, Merritt Island, Florida
trevor moates BRONZE, Merritt Island, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The river crept up on the bank as if it were a wolf creeping on its prey. Far off in the distance was an old creepy cabin that was only visible when the lightning struck across the midnight sky. You could hear the water swaying upon the bank and with every footstep the leaves crunched under your feet.
    

The cabin door creaked as the wind rapidly flew into the cabin. As every step you took drew you closer and closer, the noise became clamorous. The last resort was to enter the cabin which was extremely blood-curdling. There was no choice though as the wind blistered through the air and the lightning had been striking the ground vigorously. As I approached the cabin my body began to tremble and the horrors of the night began to grow louder and louder. I thought about turning around, but faced the danger of lightning and the rough winds that were tumbling around the trees.
    

There had been a black silhouette far off in the distance and I couldn’t tell if it was a person or just an animal. I paced toward the cabin as I tilted my head back and forth keeping an eye on the exotic shape. Once I reached the front door I slowly gave it a nudge as I peeked my head around the edge of the door. All that was noticeable were the lightning flashes lighting up the entire cabin about every ten seconds.
    

I unhurriedly made my way into the cabin as I noticed the hard-wood floor was creaking beneath my feet. I observed the room as I searched for a source of light and finally I found a lamp in the very back of the room. As I made my way toward the lamp I stumbled and “crash!” Went my face into the floor. I finally reached the lamp and switched it on and noticed in a mirror across the room I had a gash in my forehead and blood was pouring out rapidly. I had to do something about it in a hurry so I wrapped a piece of my shirt around it to slow down the process of bleeding.
    

As I peeked out the window I noticed that the mysterious black shape had become much closer. I panicked as I searched for some type of defensive weapon to keep myself protected from whatever had been stalking me from outside the creaking walls of the cabin. I discovered a pocket knife that I grasped into my hand and hurried back toward the window. BOOM! The creature busted its way into the door. I bellowed aloud for my life while I clenched the knife I had found in the room. The shape approached me as I hollered for the unknown thing to get away. It crept toward me so in a burst I flung toward it and shanked it directly in the head. It stumbled to the floor and yelped. It had been a white tail buck that had been taunting me the entire time and was not a murderer as I thought. I lowered myself into the chair next to me as I let me heart beat slow up. I dozed off in the chair and woke up to two people holding guns point-blank into my face…