room 420 | Teen Ink

room 420

January 12, 2009
By Anonymous

The glance he shot her from the hot tub sent chills down her spine. There was something about the creepy way he walked around the room, pausing the check her every move. Courtney was sitting with her cousin, Camryn in the hotel pool room with a white towel rapped around her body so the old man couldn't look at her body.

Her father walked into the room unaware of the old man. He sat down beside her and started a casual conversation.

“Are you all going to get your ice cream down the street still?” he questioned?

“No, its too dark outside and I'm going to just stay here. Ill probably be up in the room in a little while.” Courtney responded.

“OK, if thats if you want to do. I'm going to go to the room, be back within the next hour.” He unconsciously left them alone with the old man, not thinking twice about her decision.

He walked out and closed the door behind him. IF he only knew the events to come.

Courtney was the oldest one out of the two and she knew more about these types of thing. Camryn on the other hand was young and would do anything anyone would tell her. She was easily tricked into doing things if it sounded fun to her.

As the old man stepped out of the hot tub he rapped a town around his wrinkly, over-sagging waste line.

“Grrrrrroooooooooss!” Courtney thought.

The old man slowly crept his way to the table that they were sitting at and and stopped and turned to them.

“I have some things in my room that I think you would seriously be interested in if you want to come check it out. I'm on the fourth floor, room 420 come up there in a few minutes.” he slid a crooked smile and slowly walked away.

Courtney was uncomfortable with the fact that a strange old man offered them to come up to his room. She instructed Camryn to wait in the pool room and not to leave while she went to go upstairs to get an adult. Courtney wasn't exactly sure if this was the best idea but she would rather something happen to her then something happening to Camryn. She was to young to know what to do in a situation like this.

Courtney left the room and Camryn sat there alone. Bored out of her mind she decided to get up and walk outside. When she did she was greated by the strange old man at the door.

“Hello, I thought it would be easier for me to just take you up there, that way you dont get lost.” he took grasp of her hand and led her to the elevator.

Meanwhile, Courtney was talking franticly to her dad about the incident.

“Courtney I think it would be best for you to go back and get her just to be safe. I dont like the fact that you left her alone. Please be careful.”

Courtney agreed as she sprinted out of the room. When she arrived to the empty hotel pool room her first thought was “maybe she is on her way to the room, she wouldn't be stupid enough to go with him.”

Courtney decided to go back to her room, hoping to find sweet Camryn sitting there watching her favorite late night shows. To her dismay, she wasn't there and guilt immediately took over.

“Mom, Dad, Camryn wasn't down there. I thought she was be back by now, but shes not. I don't know what to do!”

Her father ran to grab the phone and called 911.

When the police showed up Courtney told them all the information. They called in for backup. The police broke down the door. All they could fine were the remaining articles of clothing Camryn had on. There was a note on the bathroom mirrow. It read:

“She didn't scream too much. Love Kyle.”

That is all that was left to be known of what happened to Camryn. To this day the police still haven't found out if Camryn is dead or alive. All the clues point to a death, but the family wont give up until they find the answer. Want to join the search? Just come to room 420 and let the game begin.

Love, Kyle.