Humans can lick, too. | Teen Ink

Humans can lick, too.

July 17, 2011
By hedwigy13 PLATINUM, Piscataway, New Jersey
hedwigy13 PLATINUM, Piscataway, New Jersey
27 articles 2 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Only in the dictionary does success come before work." -unknown


A girl named Janie had to be left home alone on numerous occasions. One night, she was alone with her dog, Cody. It was late and the sky was darkening outside, so Janie decided to go to sleep for the night. But she soon noticed a dripping noise. Annoyed to the point of being unable to sleep, she got up and turned off the faucet in the kitchen. She got back into bed and stuck her hand under the bed. Cody licked it. But, again, she heard the noise. Janie got out of bed again and turned off the faucet and the showerhead in the bathroom. Yet again she crawled back under the covers and stuck her hand under the bed. Again, Cody licked it. But the dripping persisted. Drip, drip, drip. Janie stopped and listened to the source of the dripping. It was coming from her closet. She got up and pushed open the door to her closet. She expected there was a leak. After all, it had been pouring rain for almost an entire week. There was no leak. Cody was hanging upside-down from a rope, his neck cut. Janie gasped and turned to face the mirror on the door. On it was, in Cody’s blood, written HUMANS CAN LICK, TOO. Overcome with fear, Janie swiveled around to face her bed. A man’s head protruded from underneath it, his mouth twisted in a macabre smile. He grinned even wider and shouted to Janie, who was now paralyzed with fear, “You know, humans can lick, too!”


The author's comments:
This is one of my favorite urban legends. It comes in an almost bottomless supply of variants. This is only mine.