House of Death | Teen Ink

House of Death

July 2, 2023
By BananaN3rd ELITE, Clarksville, Tennessee
BananaN3rd ELITE, Clarksville, Tennessee
108 articles 9 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
If the pen is stronger than the sword, what am I supposed to do when the pen declares a war?


Lucy held hands with her husband as they looked at their new house. It was a huge house, with four bedrooms and three bathrooms, and it sold for a super low price, so it was a win all around.

“Mom!” Her youngest, Tommy, yelled. “Matthew’s being mean again!”

“Matt. Leave your poor brother alone. We just got here. Can’t you try to be dignified for once?” Sarah, the oldest, said in a bored tone. She had been dead set against moving but was at least happy to have an excuse to listen to her music for almost 12 hours on end.

“Hey, Robert?” She asked her husband, who had been fidgeting with the keys in his hands. “You ready?” They laughed as they went toward the house, still hand in hand.

Tommy went off to explore the backyard, Matthew and Sarah went upstairs to pick bedrooms, Lucy went to use the bathroom, and Robert headed back outside to start grabbing boxes. “Hey, Tommy! Can you help me grab your things?” He yelled, but no response could be heard. “Tommy!” He yelled again, but after a moment, Robert ran to the backyard. 

A large pool sat in the backyard, but it hadn’t been cleaned in presumably years. A wire could be seen going into the pool, and Robert ran to it, expecting the worst. The worst he had in his mind was nothing like this. Tommy’s leg had the wires wrapped around it, practically chaining him to the lawnmower, which sat at the bottom of the pool. He dove down, not knowing that the lawnmower was still connected.

Sarah and Matthew watched a large flash from the upstairs windows, though neither could tell what it came from. Perhaps the storm came early? “Screw this,” Matthew said. “I’m going to go get my boxes. I claim this room as mine!” He ran down the stairs as his foot caught on something, causing him to pitch forward and crack his head on the tiled floor below.

Sarah screamed, and ran to the bathroom, pounding on the door. “Mom! Mom! Matt just hit his head, please hurry up, Mom!” She said quickly, before opening the door. Her mother was lying in a pool of her own blood on the floor. It looked as if she’d slipped on something, though she couldn’t tell what.

She ran outside, looking for her dad and brother, and found them both in the pool only a minute later. Sarah felt sick, gagging as she ran back inside, stepping around Matthew’s body as she ran into the kitchen, looking for a phone.

She dialed the police. As it rang, she nervously paced around the kitchen, not noticing that the line had stopped ringing, or the large ornate pot that was shifting its way slowly toward the edge of the shelf.

Sarah perished only a moment later. 

The house had been presumably haunted by a mass serial killer, determined to kill every single person that stepped onto the house’s property. His brother, however, was always trying to convince new people to move in. And it always worked. Who wouldn’t want such a large house for such a small price?