house on Main Street | Teen Ink

house on Main Street

May 12, 2023
By havenmerrick12 BRONZE, Somerset, Kentucky
havenmerrick12 BRONZE, Somerset, Kentucky
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The dark, banged up house sat there for 5 years not looked at by anyone. It just sat there and you could tell by the overgrown grass that no one managed upkeep for the house. Today became a different day. The girl followed loosely behind her parents by focusing on jumping over the cement lines engraved in the sidewalk. Suddenly a bright yellow trespassing tape caught the corner of her eye changing her attention to the house. The mouth of the real estate agent moved, “This house is off the market, please stay at least 100 yards from it.” The little girl began to hide from her parents who panically searched everywhere for her. She entered the house, the house that everyone got told to stay away from. She went from room to room and I could tell in her dark brown eyes she fell in love with the house on main street. The clouds covered the sun creating a gloomy day. The girl twisted her jet black hair into a black claw clip and ran to the front door. Her parents began to run to hug her but the house on main street with broken windows, rotten wood, and barely a structure to hold it, began to collapse to pieces. The house on main street along with the little girl disappeared into the ground. Both her parents fell to the ground, their little girl disappeared with no explanation. 


The author's comments:

I had fun writing it