The Game | Teen Ink

The Game

By Foggie BRONZE, Cupertino, California
Foggie BRONZE, Cupertino, California

Skeletons crawling out of the ground, blood splattered everywhere. You know you're dead as soon as you step outside. Spiders walking on their silky white webs wrapping their prey in. The smell of death is in the air, as soon as you step outside you know you're dead. 

Kids scattered everywhere, witches, aliens, zombies, all hunting for you. You have something that they want, they won’t stop till you drop. Dead on the floor with flies buzzing around you. You try to shut your creaking wood door, bar all the windows, and turn off the blinking yellow lights to stop an invasion that happens every year. Once they are in, you know you're dead.

You thought that you could escape but little did you know, today is the end of your run. You made it 21 years, this video game, it's done. You abandoned your life, your family, and your life purpose for this run. You had the highest score in the history of this cursed game, but why? Why?

I had to do this piece for a school assignment and I made this quite spontaneously.