The End | Teen Ink

The End

By Treasure2003 BRONZE, Diamond, Ohio
Treasure2003 BRONZE, Diamond, Ohio

" Hard work puts you where the good luck can find you." - Unknown author

I wake up, my vision is blurry and my head is pounding. I blink a few times and my vision slowly comes back to me. Then I realized where I was. I was in some sort of basement. I look around and see cobwebs hanging from the corners of the ceilings and a stairwell that leads to the door. I try to stand up but instantly fall back down, my legs are wobbly.  My head instantly starts hurting 10 times worse. I lean my weight on the wall next to me and slowly drag myself onto my feet. “Ahh,” I said and put my hand on my head. It felt like my head was going to explode. 

I slowly pull myself along the wall that leads to the stairs. The stairs creak under my feet as I make my way up. “What happened to me?” I thought to myself. Once I reach the door I try to open it and its locked. I bang on the door screaming, “LET ME OUT!!” I start to feel dizzy. I plop on the stairs and began to cry. I was shaking all over. “Where am I?” I thought to myself. That's when the memories came flooding back and hit like a brick wall.

I was at a football game with my friends. When the game was over, my friends and I said our goodbyes, parted ways and as I was walking to my car someone came up from behind me and must have hit me with something really hard. Then I woke up here. 

As I sit on the steps sobbing I lifted my head up and noticed something bordered up in the corner. I stood up, quickly ran down the stairs and over to it. I began to pry it off with my hands but it wasn't  budging. I look around and found a small metal pipe. I picked it up and felt the coldness instantly hit my hands. I hit the board over and over until it finally broke. 

I saw the moon light shining in and realized it was a window. I dropped the metal pipe on the ground and began to rip the boards off with my hands. Suddenly moonlight filled the basement. I picked the pipe back up and smashed the window. It made a loud noise as the glass hit the floor. I used my scarf to break off the last pieces of glass. I was trying so hard to focus but it was so hard because I was terrified. 

Then suddenly I heard a noise coming from up the steps. He was coming. I jump up and climb through the small window and begin to run. I ran like I never had before with the night breeze cooling my body. I noticed that I was somewhere in the middle of the woods and must have came from a cabin. As I run the sticks brush past me poking me all over but I don't stop. Then suddenly I trip over a tree stump and fall to the ground. I could feel the wet cold ground beneath me. I suddenly hear heavy breathing behind me and that's when I knew. He was right behind me. I froze in fear. My mind was telling my body to move but my body wouldn't let me. I slowly look behind me and there he was. A tall broad shouldered man wearing a dark cap with a gun pointed at me.