Because of the Quadronate disc | Teen Ink

Because of the Quadronate disc

By Anamilia BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
Anamilia BRONZE, Los Angeles, California

I could still hear the sound of danger and fear as my sister was grabbed by the enemy from behind.
“Lee!” she cried.
“Go, run! don’t worry about me just go  and remember!”
I had remembered… the quadronate disk… the call to the army and…“Six o clock!”
“Wake up!” My dreams were interrupted by my roommates.
“Come on Lee, wake up!”
“Commander will throw a fit if you’re still in bed!”
I groaned and got suited up. They were right. the army of Allienkia didn’t take kindly to those who were still asleep when they should be getting ready. I strapped on my fluorescent armor with the built in shield, grabbed my neon green bow and arrows and my boots. These weren’t ordinary boots they were jet boots and had a secret pocket inside that no one knew of.
It was the year 2056 and my roommates Sallia, Jenny, and I were in the army of Allienkia. They were cool I had to admit, but Sallia was always talking and Jenny the exact opposite. But when they were together prepare for a party. I wiggled my toes to activate my boots and flew up to where the other archers were. Right when I was going to shoot some targets an arrow whizzed past me, then another. That was when I heard the horn call.
“Invasion, invasion the Tatallies are here!”
The Tatallies all yelled in there strange tongue, “Attack!” and the battle began. I started shooting all who were wearing red, but was greeted from behind by a visitor. In a split second, the Tatallie was  upon me. I had forgotten the first rule, watch your back! The bulk of a man asked holding up his radiantic gun, 
“Where is the disc or will I have to persuade you?” I closed my eyes waiting for my awful demise when I heard “Lee duck!”
That was all the time I needed. The Tatallie scanned to find the voice and I flew off. Thinking of my precious sister as I flew.
“I’ll find you Nalline!” I called out, but I didn’t see the arrow in time and I blacked out.
  When I came to, I was in some sort of interrogation room. All that was there was a Tatallie solider and the Thinking Cap on my head. The Thinking Cap was a device that showed your thoughts in a holographic image perfect for describing things and for getting information. I thought of everything except the quadronate disc. My child hood, my sister Nalline and the unbelievable stories my grandma used to tell me about flying cars. I still can’t believe those existed. Now all you had to do was flick your wrist, say the destination, and you’d be there. Five minutes later I was left in a pitch black room. That was when I heard noises. It was coming from the thinking cap! I had heard of such terrors, but only in stories. They were hacking into my brain! This left the victim unable to comprehend anything for eight years and was illegal activity. I grabbed the helmet and tried to get it off of my head but it wouldn’t budge. I could feel the vibrating tightening around my skull when there was a crash and I felt a hand grab me.
“Follow me!” the dull voice whispered. He was clearly using a voice enhancer and I was blindly lead through pitch black rooms not knowing if this person was a friend or foe.
“Where is the quadronate disc?” The person asked
I snapped back “How do I know I can trust you?”
“Wise choice,” the voice told me. Then the person took off the helmet and I realized it was my sister, Nalline!
“How?” “Sshhh… we can’t talk here!” She then hugged me. It had been a year since I had last seen her not knowing if she was even alive. She had tears in her eyes, as well as I. “Where is the quadronate disc?” She asked again. I told her and she handed me a gun. It was not my choice of weapon but, it would work.
“Ready?” She asked. I smiled. Now that I had my sister I was ready for anything!

I was inspired to write this story because it was was unlike anything I had ever written. I thought it was a great story and wanted other kids my age to enjoy it too! I really hope that people will enjoy my writing and want to hear more!!