A Arm for an Arm | Teen Ink

A Arm for an Arm

October 6, 2014
By R3TR0_S4LT BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas
R3TR0_S4LT BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Shrek is love,Shrek is life.


Arm for an Arm

“Donnie I need your help!” said Zach. Zach was stuck under a Drones foot. The Drone was looking into Zach’s worried eyes. I pulled out my D7-5C plasma rifle and shot it in the head, the Drone turned its head and moved its foot from Zach and came to me and Zach pulled his pistol out and shot it with a full mag in the head, the marksmanship that kid has is remarkable.
I saw another five Drones coming to help there “friend”. I rushed to help Zach get up. It was too late they shot him twice. One in the heart and the other in the head. Then the saw me I looked worried to see my friend lying dead. The Drones missed my main organs and hit my left arm five times and I passed out.
I woke up inside a hospital bed, I jumped up. I saw a stranger staring at me from the foot of my bed. The stranger said “good morning, my name is Sergeant Derick Sullivan.” I gave him a very nasty look. “You are lucky we found you, mind you were not in the best shape. I am sorry to say that Private Turner has unfortunately passed away.”
I said “his name is Zach.” I gave him a painful look and he tried to say something but I cut him off. “I watched him get killed by two shots one in the heart and one in the head.” He gave me a worried look.
“We know how he passed, we had to give you a piece of the Drone that shot you. The arm to be exact” said the sergeant. I quickly looked at my arm, I couldn’t feel it! He gave me another sad look because of my frustration. “You have two days to choose if you want the arm or not” said the Sergeant.
The sergeant left and I went to sleep. I had a lot of nightmares about Zach. I finally woke up and I tried to move my arm. It wouldn’t budge. Maybe it needs to be shocked to get working again.
I got up and found some plyers. I said “now I need a wire.” I finally found a wire and rapped it around the plyers. I found a outlet and pinched myself with the plyers and put the wire in the outlet. Sparks went everywhere! I got a massive shock and pulled the wire out. I could move my arm.
I saw something strange on my arm, a mole. I pressed it and something popped. A piece of my arm opened revealing a charged battery. I laughed a little because of it. I went back to bed and slept.
The next morning another stranger came in and through down some breakfast for me. “My name is private Ryan, I will be instructing you for now on” said the man. “Before you ask the sergeant has had to have a replacement. You have thirty minutes to decide.” For the next thirty minutes I thought and ate. He finally came back in and I said “no.”


The author's comments:

.