The fantasy trip to Shimla | Teen Ink

The fantasy trip to Shimla

By Rachit25 BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
Rachit25 BRONZE, New Delhi, Other

'Do you want the tea bag?' I asked my sister.By the way I am Rachit and I am on my way to Shimla. I was with my whole family including my elder sister and my parents. My sister shook her head in response. I was looking out of my seat's window, sitting in the Shatabdi express. It was the month of December and I was packed with a lot's of clothes. We were just an hour away from our destination and I was delighted and was infact excited about the trip to the place where I wanted to go from a long back. The great sceneries outside were delighting my eyes. 'Veg or non-veg?' a man asked, holding a good amount of trays in his hands, serving breakfast. 'Veg.' my father responded, accepting two trays. After eating I took a brief nap and after waking up I looked around and observed a board outside saying "the Shimla railway station." I took a deep breath and then followed my father outside the train. I inhaled the fresh air outside and raised my eyebrows to my sister, indirectly asking her that how does she feel in Shimla. Her response was just a brief nod. It was my decision of going to Shimla so I asked her so. I looked in the eyes of all my family members and seemed excited and a bit nervous. We entered our hotel at 1pm. My father gave the receptionist a smile and said 'Rajeev Bansal' the man checked his laptop and gave him the keys of two rooms. Our room numbers were "172 and 173". We entered one of our room's and I jumped on the bed. My mother asked in a excited voice that 'a great room, it will be really fun. No?' Looking at me. 'Yes indeed it will be an amazing trip' I felt a wave of excitement within me. We all were tired a bit and hungry too, so we ordered the lunch in our room only. We all ate a very heartly lunch and I really enjoyed the meal. 'Let's go out for a walk' said my father, after lunch. We decided to rest today and go sightseeing tomorrow. So for just seeing the place a bit, we went out for a walk and looked around the mountains, standing tall above us with snow on its top. 'Let's go' I said, we all were now companied with my uncle and his family, we all were total seven in number and were seated in a SUV car, of my uncle. I was sitting with my sister on my left and my uncle's son on my right, on our front seat were my aunt and my mother and on the front seats sat my father and my uncle. We were now going up on the mountains. We were doing so because we were told that there is snow there. Me and my friend were sharing some talks upon ourselves. His name was Vihaan and was a tall heighted good looking boy. I was happy as I got a good company of him but my sister seemed to be lonely and she was just continuously staring outside, 'nice scenery no?' I said trying to vanish her loneliness, but my hopes were shattered by just seeing a small node in response. And I thought that she must be alright after some time. There was dead silence in the car and I broke it by saying 'how much more time?' My uncle responded 'just half an hour more'. I was having a feeling that something bad is going to happen after some time, a very negative sort of vibe ran across me and  I was feeling tensed. We stopped our car seeing a small snack shop, we bought three plates of noodles and four teas, me and Vihaan were just sharring glaces as others were totally busy in there talks. Our fathers were talking about there about there offices,'the market this year is really very poor, our economy is not growing, the dollar is growing very fast you know...........' My uncle was saying and my father listening with great enthusiasm. 'Yes I have heard about your company a lot, infact my company also supplies you with machinery parts you.........' said my father responding to my uncle's comment. On the other side of the table sat my aunt, my mother and my sister talking about their all time favourite topic " shopping ". ' We will buy that new type of gloves for my grandfather, those socks, I told you about, those will be the best for him. And I will also buy a new hat and that- ' my sister said interrupted by my aunt ' okay, okay control yourself, we will buy evrything but just wait '. She said controlling my sister. Me and Vihaan were getting bored so I took the camera from father and ran outside the shop. ' Don't go very far kids ' said my mother. Only seeing a closing of the door in response. We stood at almost the edge of the road and enjoyed the great scenery of the mountains, I know knew why Shimla was so popular, its beauty is beyond description. The fog was really hard and now we could hardly see the mountains. It felt as if we are above the clouds. We both were clicking photos of each other and makng funny poses. I looked around for someone to click a photo of both of us, but I couldn't see anything around, ' I think we have come very far, Vihaan. I think we should go back ' I said a bit worried and continuously trying to find someone around. ' I think you are right, Rachit we should go back ' Vihaan replied. We were going back but were not able to see anything or anyone around became of the dense fog, we were only able to see each other and nothing else. ' Where are we, Vihaan.  Could you see anyone around? ' I asked Vihaan thinking that I have gone blind. ' No, I don't no where are we. I could not see anyone around. We are lost .' His comment really had sense we were really lost. I saw tears rolling down his eyes, I tried to calm him down ' calm down Vihaan, calm down. Mom, dad, sister. ' I shouted at the top of my voice but there was no one around. I also felt tears rolling down my eyes, and I lost all hopes and fell down on the ground. ' Wake up, Rachit, wake up. ' I was beeing shook hard by my mother. ' What happened, why are you crying. Are you alright ' said my mother. I looked around I could not recognise where was I, after sometime I realised it was just a dream and I was in my bedroom. ' Oh my god,  it was a dream. I cannot believe it. ' I saw my sister and my parents surrounding me. ' I will not go to Shimla, please, dad ' I said to my father. 'Till yesterday you were the one saying that you want to go th Shimla and now we are only going to go to Shimla. It was just a dream, son. Relax. ' Said my father. I thanked god that it was just a dream.