Life of a different breed | Teen Ink

Life of a different breed

Short stories
The street stretched away from where she stood looking at the man who's been killing to get to her.
"It's him..." she whispered to herself, her heart starts beating fast as adrenaline demanding to push through her veins.
The man starts walking slowly towards her with an intent face as if he's saying "I'm gonna get you."
Bethany turns and starts running through the woods with her best friend, who she's known for over 4 years when she found out they are shifters, already there right behind her. She runs faster occasionally looking back. as sweat drips down her temple to her chin.
The tall, black haired man a little far away with his Inscribed dagger in his right hand, gripped tightly.
Bethany and Chris runs behind a grouping of trees poking at them like they were meant to. Bethany crouches down quickly and she put her hands on the grass and her feet flat as she can almost loving the idea of wind hitting her face.
'I know what I want to be, what I love. What I love will help me succeed.' she thought to herself as fur starts to grow on her, ears sprout like a stub out of the sides of her head pointed with a black tip on top,a muzzle grew from her nose, Brown and black with long whiskers line the sides of her rough felt-like muzzle. Her nails start to shrink and grows black lethal claws, her clothes disappear as more fur grows, Long white teeth filled with hunger to kill and a pure black tail sprouts from the bottom of her spine. She blinks a couple times as her eyes turn from blue to dark green in the light.
Chris looks down at her with a worried look into her thoughtful eyes as he wonders about the Hunters.

While the shifters are running the Hunters construct a plan.
" Where could they have gone?" he asked aloud, " They were just here" The hunter looks around to hear running amongst the whispering trees. He twists his dagger in his hand tentatively wondering.
Ben says to James" Go west I'll go North" James nods and disappears into the shades of grey and black.
Ben then looks on to Jasper on the other side and says " You know what to do" Jasper nods and runs off to the opposite direction of James.

Ben continues forward looking carefully for the pair.
James on the other hand thinks. 'I know I should kill them but what if they are just wrong? If they find out about my... sister they could torture me to tell them everything... I can't let them do this I have to warn them.'

Jasper heads off into the silent and eery woods away from his clan.

This piece I made in my English class so thanks for my English Teacher!! I'm proud of this piece.