Faced with the End of the World: Chapter 2 | Teen Ink

Faced with the End of the World: Chapter 2

By Arachno GOLD, Boise, Idaho
Arachno GOLD, Boise, Idaho

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, or fabulous?

The tree fell down, scorched. The other bugs stared. A ladybug and her pampered daughter were gawking at the tree and I. My friend was a spider; his name was Eric. He burst out of the church, and then froze when he saw me next to the burnt tree. “Calcifer!?” He said with much surprise. “What the heck happened here?” Everyone else had left. I stood close to him and said in a low voice, “You will totally not believe me when I say this, but, I can control the weather”. I had known Eric since we were born; our parents were close friends. Eric looked down at his eight feet and said, “I…I believe you”.
I couldn’t believe it! Everything was going so well, it was like we were in a children’s story written by a teenage boy.
The word got out, and soon everybody in the city knew. Even the Union of the Flies knew. The Union of the Flies had its meetings in an old, abandoned bar. One time, I overheard one of their meetings. “His name is Calcifer and he is a scorpion. Remember, he is very powerful with his biological weapons, but his great power lies in his ability to control the weather!” the leader of the Union hissed to the members. “The only way to bring him down, permanently, is to find his weakness, use it against him, and make him suffer for it!”

To be continued…

Arachno GOLD said...
on Jan. 4 2011 at 11:48 am
Arachno GOLD, Boise, Idaho

I will!!!!!

artemis said...
write more now please