Devil's Angel | Teen Ink

Devil's Angel

By GreenBallerina GOLD, Pelham, Alabama
GreenBallerina GOLD, Pelham, Alabama

"All glory comes from daring to begin. "
Ware, Eugene F.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." ~Charles Schulz

Silver’s fever broke as bolts of sweat trickled down her brow. Her back ached as the wings began to break the skin, oozing blood down her ribs. She jolted her head back as a great yelp leaped from her throat, as her wings spread. She dropped upon her pillow in exhaustion.

Dr. Phaeher dabbed a warm rag along Silver’s back, cleaning her new wings. His eyes forced themselves to look only at the rag as Silver’s parents wept into each other’s arms.

In Blanche Bois, snow blanketed the foliage like paint and brushed the ground with a kiss. Angels danced and twirled like faeries with their wings catching snow upon the feathers. When they come of age, wings grow like appendages from the shoulders. All angels have milk white wings which glisten against the snow.

But Silver’s wings were tainted black, as the milk white struggled to shine. They were hideous in the doctor’s eyes and her folks, Ellen and Lenin.
“Gossip will soar hastily through the forest. Questions would be asked but no answers can be found.” Doctor Phaeher whispered to himself as he scooped water into the blood-stained rag.
“They’re beautiful!” A voice chuckled in the room. Everyone gawked at the figure perched upon the window seal. Lucifer marveled at the wings that softly breathed above the girl. He tucked his demon, sharp wings into his jacket as he lowered himself to the floor. He graced over to Silver’s bed as everyone stayed frozen. His fingers smoothed out Silver’s frizzy, hair which plastered to her face. He kissed her cheek as Ellen let out a cry.
“Get away from my daughter, you fiend.” Ellen dashed between her daughter and Lucifer.
Lucifer just smirked, “I shall guide Silver to be who she is destined to become.”
“Never!” Ellen screamed as Lenin wrapped her into his arms, protecting her.
Lucifer ignored the woman’s cries as he crawled upon the window seal. “When she is well enough to fly, I’ll come to get her and take her as my bride.”
He spread his demon wings as he took flight soaring over the snow forest. Ellen dropped to her daughter’s bed, bawling in desperation.
“Doctor, we must hide her.” Lenin ordered as he comforted his bewildered wife.
“She shall go to Gaya.” He proposed as Lenin’s eyes grew in fear as Ellen gasped.
“She can’t. It is forbidden.” Ellen reminded as she clutched onto her daughter’s hand.
“It is the only place she is safe. Agreed?” Doctor Phaeher asked as Lenin nodded and his wife sighed laying her head on Silver’s bed.

Lucifer’s wings darkened the sky as he soared to Silver. He pictured his future bride awaiting him with her beautiful wings. As he perched himself on that same window seal, his eyes turned black with anger.
“Where is she?” Lucifer snapped his jaw as he dashed to her empty bed. He tore through the room: busting the vases, vandalizing the walls, shredding the covers, cracking the mirror and windows, and finally shattering the bookcases. His anger rose through his actions until was satisfied with his destruction. He snatched the pillow from her bed, inhaling her sweet perfume.
“I’ll find you now!” Lucifer grinned as he ripped the pillow with his claw like fingers. A shower of goose feathers rained down, layering the floor. He leaped to sky, determined to find his angel.

Silver swung on the swing, softly rocking back and forth with her head propped up by the chains. Two months had passed since she was thrown from the Golden Gates into the harsh light of Gaya. She was escorted to a small city by a woman in a black coat. Silver’s hideous wings were tucked beneath her jacket as she struggled to continue forward. Forever damned.
No human could see her or feel her presence, so she remained invisible silently watching as the young children played and giggled. She occupied the small swing every day, protecting the small children from unnecessary harm. But they continued to scrape their knees and bleed. Silver peered down at her fingers knowing well enough that she would never bleed. She continued her rocking as a cold chill filled the atmosphere.
“I have finally found you, my angel.” A familiar voice whispered with the wind.
Silver perked her eyes open to a figure standing in the middle of the road as traffic past through him without a notice. He spread his wings wide morphing the sunlight into black rays. She gasped in astonishment at the beauty of his wings. Hypnotized, Silver obeyed his silent command and outreached her hand to meet his. No one paid any attention to the silent introduction.
“Let me see your beautiful wings. Spread them wide for me.” Lucifer commanded as he stroked her cheek. Her jacket fell to the road as her tainted black wings glistened against the black rays of sun. He smoothed out the ruffled feathers admiring the color. “Beautiful!” he murmured to himself as his eyes lit up.
“What is your name?” Silver sighed as she peered into his gray eyes.
“Lucifer!” He smirked.
She snatched her hand back into her chest as the clocked woman’s repeated in her head. The same words she spoke before fading with the current of the northern wind. “Beware an angel who calls himself Lucifer. For he is Hade’s son.”
“You demon!” She yelped as she dashed away without her jacket. She tucked her wings into her shoulder, making for the woods. She knew neither if he followed or stayed behind, but she took flight as the branches covered her figure. She ducked into a great oak, panting in terror, tucking her legs into her chest.
Her jacket slumped down onto her head. She tugged it off as Lucifer crouched on the tree limb above her.
“It’s chilly out.” He swathed the jacket over her trembling shoulders but allowed her wings to breath and shine in the umbrage of the woods.
“Leave me alone, you demon. I don’t want any part in your evil.” She shouted as birds took to the skies, frightened.
“You’re judging me before getting to know me.” Lucifer mocked as he slipped his fingers into her silver hair. “I’m here to guide you.”
She tugged away from his cold fingers. “Why did you have to choose me?”
“Because you are beautiful and I like beautiful things.” Lucifer bluntly stated as he jumped down the Silver’s branch. “You have such beautiful wings. I’m constantly entranced by them.” He outlined her wing with his finger, as Silver caught her breathe. “Do you know what you are destined for?”
Silver shook her head as his hands propped her chin. His lips were just centimeters from hers as he informed, “You have a very important job here on Gaya. You have to protect these land walkers from demons.”
Silver gazed up towards Lucifer who stared back with olive eyes, smiling softly. His wings spread out to block the wind which carried a scream.
“Stop, David!” A mother cried as her son dashed after a baseball which bounced into the mist of traffic. A demon cloaked in red slid the ball into the way of oncoming traffic. The boy didn’t see the sixteen-wheeler coming as the exhausted driver continued forward. Silver, obediently, flew towards the boy as he picked up the ball. She caped him with her feathers, allowing the truck to zip through her.
“David!” The mother shouted as her eyes widened. Her son came running forth with the ball in his hand. The mother squeezed her baby into her arms crying tears of relief. He clutched the ball in his hand as a milk white feather hung onto his coat. The mother smiled as she plucked the feather into her hand, kissing it. She silent mouthed a prayer to her guardian angel.
Silver sat on the curve breathing softly, admiring the mother and son. She watched with a smile as she heard the wind carrying the prayer.

A black wing tucked around Silver, pulling her into Lucifer’s warmth. He kissed her head as they watched the children play in the autumn breeze.

This sotry came from a group idea to all write a "forbidden love" piece. This story was just a cute idea that arised from my curiosity with angels and demons and the after life.

VampireX GOLD said...
VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
keep it up!

PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

"When life hands you lemons, make apple juice. Then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it." -Unknown
"The world is my pineapple. I just have to figure out a way past the prickly parts." -Me

I like how you put a new spin on Lucifer's tale, and how people misjudge him. :) It's nice to see some truly original work. Keep writing!

LovelyArie BRONZE, BBBBBBB, Alabama

"Curiosity killed the cat. Too bad I only have one life."

- Me :)

Your writing is amazing and original and I like your descriptions of Silver's wings and your characterization. :)

HolyVampyre PLATINUM, Pelham, Alabama

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?"~ John Lennon

This is really awesome!! Keep up the good work!! :D

mudpuppy BRONZE, Orangeburg, South Carolina

Life is like a box of cheese and flower petal sometimes it's soft and sweet, sometimes it just plain stinks. - M.J.

I like how you potrayed your characters. You give them emotions and I have to say that I was hook on this from the started. Espeically like the face Lucifer thought her wings were beauitiful when no one else did. Plus, Sliver is a good name for an angel. :)

Facey GOLD said...
Facey GOLD, Pelham, Alabama

Character, It’s how you live life, when nobody is looking :]

I love your work!!! :)

it's amazing!!!