The Incident part1 | Teen Ink

The Incident part1

September 27, 2010
By VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
18 articles 0 photos 81 comments

3031, 1:21p.m.
“How bad is it?” I asked the scientist, who was almost running to keep up with me. “Sectors D, E, and J are already infected.” He said, reading off a list, “We have reports of some behavior changes in section C as well.” “Who was the idiot who tried to open the case?” I asked angrily. The scientist looked at the papers “Mr. Thomas.” He said. I sighed as I opened the door, and almost ran into the bulletproof glass. A scientist was banging on the glass then I slammed the door shut, hearing the scientist’s pleas and cries of pain through the door. “That was Sector Q.” the scientist next to me said quietly. I turned around and he followed me. “Do you think it will break out?” he asked. “It’s already in the vents.” I said matter-of-factly. The scientist turned green, and then said “At least we can stop this abomination here.”

I turned around, “On the contrary,” I said, “We’re not doing anything.” The scientist’s eyes grew wide with terror, “But they’re people at stake.” He said, “Actual lives.” Which is exactly what I want.” I said, “It’s hard to rule the world when your servants can think.” The scientist looked at me like I was insane. “You have gone completely mad.” he said, his eyes wide. I rolled my eyes, “and here I thought you scientists had a brain.” He coughed into his fist, and then looked at it in horror, it was covered in blood. “No.” he moaned, “No… please.” I smiled sadly, “Don’t worry,” I said reassuringly, “you are about to help create the biggest empire in the world.” He went to his knees and I left him there, he had done his part.


The author's comments:
I liked the Resident Evil movies so they inspired this story. I will use no Resident Evil names here or in the future. Please tell me how it looks before I continue on it.