Molly | Teen Ink

Molly

September 7, 2010
By DaddyzUnwantedDolly PLATINUM, Raliegh, North Carolina
DaddyzUnwantedDolly PLATINUM, Raliegh, North Carolina
31 articles 0 photos 34 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."~ Dr. Seuss


"Mother?" The little girl asked.
"What Samantha?" The mother replied seeming annoyed.
"I want that doll...Please?"
"Well..." The mom looked in my direction at all the dolls,"How much are they?"
"Umm.. I donno, but I want that one."
"Which one?"The mom asked.
The little girl looked around as she scratched her head, " Her."
She picked me up and hugged me to her chest tightly as she said again,but softer and muffled by my curly hair," Her."
"What is the price?"The mom said through gritted teeth.
"Umm...Alot..." Samantha whispered.
"Do you have money?" The mother said.
"No.... I don't mommy... I really do want this dolly though. Please?" Samantha pleaded.
"Put it back. Come on. Let's go Samantha."
I felt the girls tears slide down my arm as she hugged me tightly,"I'll be back dolly.I'll soon name you Molly.... Poor Molly..."
"Come on!" The mother yelled.
"Coming." Samantha said with her head down.
I watched them leave and felt her tear fall off my arm to the floor.
Later that night I watched the nightguard do his rounds like the ninja I saw on the T.V that currently hung from the ceiling in silence.After the guard left I tried to get comfortable with Mr.Teddy in my cold arms.
"I love you Mr. Teddy. Good night," I whispered and shifted to my side making one of my slippers fall off," Shoot."I whimpered.
"Haha." Mr. Knickers, the bunny, laughed from beside me.
"Oh shush your mouth before you join my slipper." I threatened.
"Hmp." Said Mr. Knickers as he cuddled into a corner, knowing I would kick him off shoe or not.
I set Mr.Teddy to the side and climbed down the side that conviently had little hooks for no obvious reason.
"Ouch!" I wailed as I twisted my ankle.
I limped over to where my slipper was worrying all along as to if Samantha would get me if I only had one slipper... What if she chooses Lady Catherine? She's so pretty. Much more than me! Dang... I gotta find that slipper.
"Slipper?" I called getting tired and cranky," Come out or I'll just find better ones... Ughhh.."
"Excuse you. I am trying to get my beauty rest." Called a snooty voice.
"Hello Lady Catherine." I replied flatly so she knew I disliked her.
"Wondeful night 'aint it?" She asked with her southern voice beating through my hollow head.
"Mhm.... Have you seen my slipper?"
"The black one with a rather tacky silver bow on the front?"
"Yes." I replied tapping my little fingers on a bouncy ball that was forgotten on the floor.
"Oh." She blinked and looked away in guilt I guess.
"Oh my gosh, what'd you do?" I practically screamed.
"I threw it away... I thought it was garbage. Gosh, take it easy."
"Lady Catherine get my shoe back now." I whispered menacingly.
"How about you go find it? I know you want that little girl to take you away." She said in her stupid baby voice.
"Excuse me?" I asked unsure of what I heard.
"Samantha shall be taking me home Molly." She said smiling at the 'Molly' part.
"You're wrong Lady Catherine. She won't want you. You're to prissy and... You're just you," I said," Who would want you?"
She exploded and screamed, " EVERBODY!"
"Goodbye Lady Catherine." I walked off to find a garbage can.

An hour later with no such luck I walked over to my shelf and looked under the shelf... To dark! I got down on my knees and crawled underneath.
"Eep! I'm stuck!" I squealed.
I struggled and struggled 'till I became exhausted. I could atleast peek from under and see the sun coming up... I wish Mr. Teddy where here.
"I am." A deep soft voice said in my ear.
I jumped, " Mr.Teddy! Can you rescue me?"
"Well..You did not even notice me crawl in beside you cause I got cold and worried so.. No I can't."
I rested my head down on the beyond dusty ground and silently cried... Of course no tears came since my eyes are only marble.
"Molly?" Mr.Teddy asked.
"Hmm?"
"I like your new name. I hope Samantha comes back." He whispered.
"Thank you.... I hope she does to..."
With that we both drifted off to sleep.
I awoke to a arm pulling me and Mr.Teddy out. I siffened since he had Mr. Teddy by the arm he hurt last week when Mr. Knickers was being a big bully.
"Are you okay?" I whispered to Mr. Teddy.
"Um...N-No."
We stopped talking so the person wouldn't hear us.
"I wonder how these toys keep getting under here.. Almost as though... Naahh." A man voice whispered.
"As if what?" A girly voice asked.
"Oh. Umm, nothing honey. Nothing at all. Just talking to myself."
I saw feet run up and a woman tell the girl not to talk to creepy men at stores and dragged her off.
"Mothers." The voice whispered sadly as his body shifted to watch them walk off.
Ten long minutes later we were out and Mr. Teddy's arm was hanging off halfly with white stuffing leaking.
"Oops." The man with a small mustache muttered as he looked down at us.
He lifted the arm up and down and I watched Mr. Knickers smile to himself when he saw Mr. Teddy and I wince together.
"Gotta put you back together.. Eh?" He asked as though he wanted us to reply.
What an idiot I thought randomly,but stopped myself thinking maybe he is lonely.
"Ooooh you're missing a slipper missy." He noted staring at my bare foot.
He carried us off to a curious room and set us down and fixed us, "Stay here." He said to us I guess and walked off.
"Wow, he is wierd." Mr. Teddy said.
"Yah... I think he is lonely." I whispered.
"Hello." Said a small voice.
"Um?" I said looking around.
"Down here."
"Oh!" I exclaimed looking into Samantha's big blue eyes.
"You're real?" She asked.
"N-" Mr. Teddybear began.
"Yes." I interrupted pretending not to have heard Mr. Teddybear.
"Well...Can I take you home?" She asked me.
"Only if my best friend can come also." I whispered looking down.
"Oh? Who shall this lucky being be?" She asked faking an accent.
I laughed," Mr. Teddy Bear."
"Okay." She said.
"It's so easy?" I asked.
"Well...no." She said looking down in guilt.
"Well?" I asked.
"I gotta steal you." She whispered.
"Oh my. Do not do such a horrible thing Samantha." Mr. Teddy Bear said in warning.
"Why?"
"It is bad honey." I told her when her eyes watered up.
"But.." She said.
"What now?" I asked ashamed of her intentions.
"I have no money."She turned to walkoff.
"Wait!" I called.
"Hmm?" She asked.
I sighed," Take us," She smiled," BUT."
"But?"
"You'll leave a note saying you'll pay them back when you get the money."
"Okay." She smiled and put us in her backpack.

TEN YEARS LATER
"Put the money there Sami." I whispered.
"Okay Molly dang. I'm sixteen, I think I'm quite capable of handling myself."
Mr. Teddy Bear snickered at our bickering.
"Shh Mr. Teddy Bear." I warned giggling quietly.
Sami looked at me and smiled her beautiful smile as she picked me up.
"You're mine now Molly. Finally."
"Yeah." I whispered with Mr.Teddy Bear in my arms.
We walked off in almost perfectness besides the fact that we where headed to her mother's funeral. Sad, yes. We have each other though.