Fallen (1/3) | Teen Ink

Fallen (1/3)

By Maniacwriter SILVER, Haverhill, Massachusetts
Maniacwriter SILVER, Haverhill, Massachusetts

"it is the way you treat the ones you have never met that define who you are as a person"

Life is a mystery; if it is lived to the fullest extent your life can never be boring. However, if you fear the unknown your life will be lonely a dark.
Gwen was not normal, if you think life as a teen now is hard. Wait Gwen is a teenaged fairy. She is not the most popular person in her school but even with that being said she was one or the more desired. All the male fairies would stop and stare as she went past and her full half-foot height. Her eyes were her most prominent feature they were a deep blue. Her hair was a light shade of green that contrasted with her strawberry red dress making her look like a Christmas decoration. Her lips were thin and her was curved at the bridge. Perhaps her funniest feature was hay ears that were a little too big for her.
As she glided thru he halls her glossy wings buzzed as they flapped. She landed at her locker and took out what she needed for her first class. When she closed the door she found Logan in front of her.
Logan was her boyfriend and he was the best. Gwen could go to him for anything and he would always be there to talk to and he would even sometimes give a little advice. He had blue eyes like hers but unlike her his hair was a lighter shade of blue than his eyes. He wore a shirt made of tan leather and pants that were made out of the same material. He had the brood shoulders that gave him the look of a football player. However, after the brood shoulders he was skinny and could easily be pushed around but was respected by others.
"Hey", he said pushing her locker closed for her.
"Hey what's up?" asked Gwen
"Oh nothing", replied Logan "Except that today is the day"
"What day?" said Gwen seriously
"You seriously don't know?" asked Logan puzzled.
"No, what is going on"
"This day is one that only comes once a century" Logan started "It does not have a name but today is the only day every century that humans can see us. Unfortunately, if a human catches us and puts us in a confined space our power goes dormant. If they keep us in for more than twenty-four hours we fall and turn into hideous creatures."
"So he moral of that story is don't get caught?" asked Gwen
"Exactly because once you fall you go into the forest of the fallen", Logan said
So the day went on and all he classes on magic and flying were as tedious as ever. She flew home and started on her homework when the roof of her home was torn clean off. A net was slapped down on her and she could feel her magic go dormant inside of her.
Her feet left the ground and she was starring into the eyes of a small girl may be six years old. Her eyes opened as wide as they would go and she marveled at the little creature she had just taught. Then a huge grin spread across her face and Gwen was put into an old jam jar along with a butterfly and a caterpillar.
The girl who had jut caught her started to skip back towards the car parked in a patch of grass in a rest area on the side of a highway. Gwen had never felt so helpless in her entire life. Her magic was dormant and somehow the very thing that Logan had warned her about had just become a reality.
She was panicked and started beating her tiny fists against the glass. The girl looked down and flicked the glass causing a loud noise to reverberate throughout the confined space.
"Stop making noise my dad will find out about you and make me let you go", the girl said in a sweet consoling voice "Don’t worry I will take good care of you"
After hearing what the girl had to say Gwen allowed herself to be lulled into a false since of security after the kind words.
Gwen jerked awake in a strange room. She saw pink walls and pictures of pandas all around the walls. A bed sat in the corner and toys were strewn around the floor.
Once again she drifted off to sleep. When she woke up the sun was shining in her face and realized that she as lying on a soft bed of grass. She saw dark trees and then came the shock. Little ugly creatures were scuttling around he forest. They had baldheads and their skin looked two sizes to big and it was leathery.
She let out an ear splitting scream as she examined her feet and hands and realized she was a creature like those scampering around. Then to her horror she recognized a most familiar face. Even in his fallen form Logan was unmistakable.
"So what happened to not getting caught?" asked Gwen
"The human blind sighted me", said Logan trying in vain to defend himself
"We have to find a way to rise again", said Gwen on the verge of tears.
"That’s where I come in I know this person who has been tutoring me in magic class and rumor has it he knows the secret to reviving a fallen fairy", Logan announced proudly.

yes i have one completed and will have it up on the site soon

horsesforever BRONZE, Port Coquitlam, Other

Don't cry because it's over. smile because it happened ~Dr. Suess

OMG!!!!!!! i hate cliff hangers. this is really really great!!!!! it says part 1 of 3. have you written the other two parts yet?