Special part VI | Teen Ink

Special part VI

By poisionWriter SILVER, Idaho Falls, Idaho
poisionWriter SILVER, Idaho Falls, Idaho

I think I love you.

I was fighting. I couldn’t take it anymore. The darkness was become overwhelming and I wanted answers. I wasn’t about to sit here in empty darkness while strangers swarmed around my living body.

But the worst part about all the darkness wasn’t the dark itself; it was the searing pain I felt. I don’t know how to explain this pain. It was hot, but it was freezing cold. It made my guts turn inside out and my brain flip upside down.

If I could cry in this godly place where I lie, I would be balling my eyes out. I was lost, I am lost, and I am confused.

I heard a faint beeping. It must be the heart monitor. I was trying; I was using everything I had to get back to consciousness.

“Do you really think that’s what’s going on? I mean—“

“Sh, I think she’s waking up.”

My eyes fluttered, and my head rolled from side to side. I looked up at the man standing at my bedside. His image was blurry. I blinked a few times and my vision slowly cleared.

He had short black hair cut close to his head, his eyes were green, and he looked strong and professional dressing in his black tux. I stared at him for what seemed like forever before he said,

“My name is Venn, this is my partn—friend Jane. How are you feeling?”

I glanced over at his ‘friend’ then looked back at him.

“I’m in a hospital, how the hell do you think I feel?” I closed my eyes in pain. It was torture to talk. My throat felt as if it hasn’t known the presence of water for years.

A small half smile appeared on Venn’s face before he said, “Well good, I’ll go get you a glass of water and tell the doctors that you’re awake. Jane here, is going to ask you a few questions, alright? I’ll be back with your water in a jiff.”