COLORING THE WORLD | Teen Ink

COLORING THE WORLD

December 6, 2009
By Hope-in-life PLATINUM, Hutto, Texas
Hope-in-life PLATINUM, Hutto, Texas
26 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"too many of us stay walled up because we are afraid of being hurt.we are afraid to care too much for fear that the other person doesn't care at all "


The world has no color.
It is black and white.
People have no color they are gray.
Everything is black, white or gray.

Far away in a cave is a little girl.
She was born with all the colors her name is Rainbow.

One day she wanted to go to school.
So she walked to the school.
Rainbow said hello to the teacher.
Then she sat down.

“Eww”. “Yuck”. “Gross”. “Don’t sit by me”.
Was said by all the students in the class room.
You’re not gray they all yelled you can’t be here with us.
So Rainbow who was very sad left the room.

She went back to the cave and packed up her back pack to go find friends who would like her.

Rainbow decided she was going to travel the world.
So to get to the other side she needed to sail on a boat.
So Rainbow looked and found a big boat out by the sea.

When she got to the dock the water looked at her and said
“My friend the boat and I will not let you come you’re not white, gray or black”.
Rainbow was very sad and then she had an idea.

“What If I can make you the prettiest water anybody has ever seen.”
The water thought and then said “ok deal”.
So Rainbow dipped her finger in the water and said “I want to turn you blue”.

The water turned blue and everything under it like the fish and plants all got other colors too.
The boat so jealous that his friend got something yelled at her “hey make me pretty too!”
So Rainbow put her hand on the boat and said “I want to turn you brown.”
So the color came to the boat.

Rainbow looked at Boat and Water and said “you guys are the same you just have a different color.”
Boat and Water felt bad and said “I’m sorry we were mean to you because of your color”
Rainbow smiled and said “I forgive you.”
So Water, Rainbow and Boat all set sail.

On her way to the other side of the world she met Sky.
He said “I don’t like your colors.”
“Water should be white and Boat black fix it.”
Rainbow looked at Sky and said “what if I gave you four colors and then you would be more special like Boat and Water.”
The sky thought and then said “ok do it.”
So Rainbow climbed up the clouds and said “I want Sky pink, purple, and blue in the morning. I want Sky all shades of blue in the day and I want Sky black at night.”

So Sky turned blue because it was the day, and all the birds that filled Sky got colors too.
Rainbow looked at sky and said “you are the same as you were you just have a different color.”
Sky felt bad and said “I’m sorry I was mean to you because of your color”
Rainbow smiled and said “I forgive you.”

So now Boat, Sky and Water were all friends, but land, their best friend still had no color.

So when Boat got to the dock and Rainbow tried to get off Land said “you may not touch me.”
So Rainbow asked if he would like to be like his friends and land said “no”.
So Rainbow thought and thought.
“What if I give you a special color that they don’t have? and I also give you the color of boat.”
Land thought and thought and finally said “ok fine.”

So Rainbow put her feet on Land and said “I want the grass and plants green and I want the dirt and sand shades of brown”.
So land was covered and all the bugs and animals and flowers got colors too.
Rainbow looked at Land and said “you are the same as you were you just have a different color.”
Land felt bad and said “I’m sorry I was mean to you because of your color”
Rainbow smiled and said “I forgive you.”

Now Sun who sat in the sky was very mad.
“How dare you color my world” he said.
Rainbow was very sad and was about to go back to her cave.
Then Water, Sky, Land and all the critters that lived there said to the sun “Rainbow will give you a color too”.
So Sun asked Rainbow “will you give me a color too?”
Rainbow said “yes” and then thought long and hard, about what color to make Sun.
Rainbow then asked Sky to bring her to Sun and she gave him a kiss and said “I want you to be yellow the happiest color in the world”.
So the sun turned yellow and he was beautiful.

Rainbow looked at Sun and said “you are the same as you were you just have a different color.”
Sun felt bad and said “I’m sorry I was mean to you because of your color”.
Rainbow smiled and said “I forgive you.”
Rainbow was tired now and she still wanted some people friends so she went and found a school.


Rainbow went in and said “hello” to the teacher.
The teacher said “hello” back.
Then Rainbow said “hi” to the students and they all said “hi” back.

Then a little boy asked Rainbow if she would give people color too?
Rainbow giggled and said “yes”.

She gave the boy a hug and said “I want all the people to be different colors because all colors are pretty”, so all the people in the world became all different colors.

All of Rainbow’s friends then asked if they could help give things color too and Rainbow thought long and hard.
Rainbow then put parts of her colors in little wax sticks she called Crayons and all of her friends were happy.

Rainbow was really tired now and asked Sky if she could sleep on the clouds and Sky said “yes”.

And that’s how the world got COLOR.


The author's comments:
This is a children story i wrote about discrimination i really hope you enjoy it.