The power of light | Teen Ink

The power of light

By arElana PLATINUM, Fair Lawn, New Jersey
arElana PLATINUM, Fair Lawn, New Jersey

Darkness. Suffocating dark. It was taking my breath away. Lightning flashed and lit up my room for a moment. The shadows made me even more terrified.

My closet door was ajar and I wondered if anyone was there. Then a clap of thunder and I put my head under the covers again.

I put my hands out, pushing against the stifling dark, and suddenly, light. My terror evaporated, and I wondered, did I have magic powers. I read so many books about normal teens finding out that they could use magic, that I found my self wondering if I was one of them.

I walked to the light that I somehow created, and examined it. It was just a ball of pure light. It wasn’t attached to anything, it was just there. I tentatively reached out to touch it, but it didn’t hurt. The light was warm and my hand went through it.

With comforting light in the closet, I fell asleep. I didn’t know that this seemingly harmless power would almost kill me.

Please give me some feedback, good or bad.

Pasky SILVER said...
Pasky SILVER, Kerang, Other

"Let he that would move the world, first move himself" Socrates
"Tell me a truth and I'll listen, tell me a fact and I'll learn, but tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever." Indian Proverb

I don't really HATE cliffhangers because I understand that it really hard to end without one sometimes. I have to confess that i usually end my work with them. If you read my story Eric, you'll know what i mean. i had no idea how else to end it. P.S I'm gonna submit chapter 2 soon in case you wanted to know. Hope you like it.

arElana PLATINUM, Fair Lawn, New Jersey
haha. i also end in cliffhangers cuz its so depressing to end a story. if you hate them dont read any of my other articles

(Killer part 1 is a super good one). they mostly have cliffhangers

Pasky SILVER said...
Pasky SILVER, Kerang, Other

Good story. I have to say i have a thing against cliffhangers as well. This was a good cliffhanger though, it made me want to keep reading. You should continue this story. If you really hate cliffhangers don't read The Alchemyst by Michael Scott. He ends every chapter with one. Kinda grates after a while.

arElana PLATINUM, Fair Lawn, New Jersey
i rote it at midnite wen i was super bored and had nothing to do. ive riten alot better. and i hate cliffhangers too

KatrinaC47 said...
KatrinaC47, Loma Rica, California
well, cliffhangers aren't ALL bad. I just really want to know what happens next! Please keep writing this story! It's REALLY good. The only reason I even said about the cliffhanger was that I wanted to know more. It was a COMPLIMENT. (kind of...:) okay, it doesn't sound like it but it IS a compliment.)

arElana PLATINUM, Fair Lawn, New Jersey
sorry, but youre stuck with this cliffhanger, because im not sure if i should continue or not. Please someone help me decide

KatrinaC47 said...
KatrinaC47, Loma Rica, California
It's really good. I have only one thing to say: I. HATE. CLIFFHANGERS. They irritate me, ya know? But they're good for keeping people wanting more so, yeah. The story was great!