ArchAngel | Teen Ink

ArchAngel

July 1, 2009
By TeenageMutantNinjaAngel BRONZE, Ossian, Indiana
TeenageMutantNinjaAngel BRONZE, Ossian, Indiana
3 articles 42 photos 73 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I believe in music the way some people believe in fairytales."


Preface

Jade stared at the arched ceiling covered with a war she did not want to engage in. There were angels, she could only identify two. Michael, the guardian of the Orthodox Faith, and a fighter against heresies. In his right hand was a spear, plunging into a shadowy figure. In his shimmering left hand was a green palm branch. Atop his spear was a linen ribbon coated with a red cross.
The other was Gabriel. His arms were spread baring a lantern with a lighted taper inside, and a mirror of green jasper.
One of the angels was leading Tobit, who is carrying a fish caught in the Tigris with his right hand. A physicians alabaster jar appeared in his left.
Another was holding a sword against the Persians, and a fiery flame. Then, there was an angel who revealed a golden wreath, and a triple-thronged whip. There were three others, just praying, one with a white rose to his bare chest.
The mural was mystifying, and gorgeous in it’s own way, until you got to the center. The glorified angels were revolving around a bottomless pit of locusts that almost formed a horse-like creatures, with crowned human faces, and wavy human hair. There was an even more horrifying creature sitting on a throne with it’s arms raised. It had lions teeth, locusts’ wings, and the tail of a scorpion.
Aaron noticed Jade’s displeased expression as she gazed at the center of the ceiling. “That,” he said pointing at the creature,” is Abaddon, a very powerful demon, almost more powerful than Lucifer himself, and those are the eight original Archangels. Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, Jegudiel, Sealtiel, Jeremiel, and Barachiel.”
“Do all demons look like Abaddon?” Jade asked nervously.
“Not to humans, or us, at first. When the human flesh and complexions dissolve, they’ll look like the ones you’ve seen your entire life. Disgusting.”
“And you expect me to banish them to where they came from? You want me to become an Archangel, like them?” Jade questioned hysterically, pointing to the angels.
“Precisely,” Aaron replied.
“You’re insane.”
“You’re afraid.”
“I’m what?” Jade hissed, offended.
“You’re afraid of fighting demons, and it is a scary thing, but you don’t have a choice. It’s your destiny, in your blood, your heritage.”
“My heritage? Are you saying my family, my parents are Archangels?”
“No, I’m saying your ancestors. You have the same appearance as Michael,” he informed her while reaching out for her face.
“Don’t touch me,” she warned, swatting his hand back.
“And the same attitude,” Aaron added bitterly. ‘Hey, where are you going?”
“Far away from here,” Jade answered fiercely. “And unless you want to get run over by my bike, I suggest you let me leave.”
“Fine!” Aaron shouted over the roar of her Honda Super Hawk. “but I’ll defiantly be back.”
Jade rolled her eyes as she flipped the helmet’s shield over her eyes. With that, her vibrant red bike sped away, leaving Aaron in the dust.
“You can’t ignore your destiny, Jade!” he called after her. Jade heard him, but chose not to listen.


The author's comments:
This is just the preface, but I am currently writing more!I had to do a bunch of research. Hope you like it. Please rate and leave a comment.