The Day I Met HIm | Teen Ink

The Day I Met HIm

By HalPal SILVER, Highland, Utah
HalPal SILVER, Highland, Utah

I was walking down the beach, my feet sinking in the sand. I looked out over the ocean, and wishing that there was someone out there that actually cared about me. I had nobody.

I was 10 when my parents signed the papers for their divorce. Divorce was never easy. My parents had joint custody on me. I did not like spending time with my mom. She would yell at me, and make me clean the house. I only wanted to spend time with my dad. At the age of 16, my dad passed away from cancer. I was stuck with my mother. I knew my mother didn’t love me. It was pretty obvious. But I had some hope that maybe someday she would, but that’s not what happend. When my dad died, my mother put me up for adoption, saying that the only reason she ever wanted custody of me was because she wanted to make my dad mad. When I turned 18, since I was now a legal adult, I had to go live on my own. So I moved to California, wanting to start a new life.

So here I am. walking on the beach of California, wishing someone loved me.

I walk in the door, wipe my sandy shoes on the rug, and head upstairs to my room. It was Christmas break, so I had nothing to do..As I sat on my bed thinking about my father, I fell asleep for the night.

When I woke up, I walked into my kitchen, and made myself some breakfast.  My plans for the day where simple: Go grocery shopping, and go get new clothes from the mall. The last time I was at the mall was a while ago. I got in my car and drove to the mall.

When I got there, I was starving, so I headed for the food court. They had Cafe Rio, my absolute favorite. I ordered a pork salad, the usual, and headed for a table. I was almost to the table, when I collided. My salad flew all over me. I looked up to see who ran into me, and I was amazed. It was a guy, but not just any guy, he was hot! He had dirty blonde hair with bright blue eyes. I sat there for a moment, and then I realized I was staring.

“I am so sorry.” The blonde haired beauty said to me. He helped me up from the ground. “Let me pay you for your clothes I ruined.”

“Its fine.” I grumbled as I turned around and walked the other way. Well there goes my lunch. The man chased after me.

“I seriously am sorry. What’s your name anyway?” He said to me with an arrogant voice.

“My names Jane, and like I said, It fine.” I said looking straight into his sea blue eyes.

“Well Jane, my names Luke. Want to grab a shake? I mean I do owe you for spilling your lunch all over you. Plus you’re pretty cute.” He spoke to  me like he really meant it. He can’t be serious. I was wearing some mascara and eyeshadow, and a t-shirt with skinny jeans. Every girl in the building was better looking than me.

“Why not?” I told Luke. “Just let me go and change first. I can’t let anyone see me like this.” I walked over to American Eagle and grabbed the cutest shirt I could find, and a cute pair of ripped jeans. I went into the bathroom and changed. When I was finished I met Luke outside, still wondering if he wanted to do this. I mean, he was obviously gorgeous, and I was just plain. He grabbed my hand, and pulled me towards the parking lot. I didn’t even know this guy, he could be a murderer for all I know. But it doesn’t hurt to find out. We got into his car, and headed for Arctic Circle for our shakes.

“So tell me about yourself, Jane. The only thing I know about you is that you are adorable with salad spilled over you, and even better looking without it.” He said to me in a flirty tone.

My cheeks turned the color of a strawberry. No guy has ever said that to me before.

“Well, there isn’t much to tell. My favorite color is blue, and I like getting shakes with complete strangers.” I told him with a smile. We got our shakes and sat down.

“Well aren’t you a funny one. I think I might be in love with you Jane.” Luke said very serious. And then I ran away from him, not turning back. 

And I didn’t see him again, well, that’s a lie. But it was a while until I saw him again

5 Years later
I was walking down the road, on my way to work, when I slammed into someone. I fell to the ground, and when I peaked up, I looked into the bluest eyes I have ever seen. Luke. Standing there with a big grin on his face.

“Well if it isn’t the one and only Jane.” He nearly yelled to the world. I stood up, wondering if I was imagining this.

“You know what Jane? I think this is destiny. You and me slamming into each other again.” He said as he picked me up. Was it possible that he looked even better than he did 5 years ago?

I still hadn’t said anything to him, and he smiled at that.

And that my friends, Is how I met the love of my life, my only true hero. Me and Luke dated for about a year, and then he finally asked me to marry him.

I wanted to write a short romantic story, because those are my favorite books to read.