I Promise You | Teen Ink

I Promise You

By KatelynH. SILVER, Mason, Michigan
KatelynH. SILVER, Mason, Michigan

Failing is giving you another chance to try again

It just started with that look. Your eyes had seen right through my walls. You took them apart brick by brick until there was nothing left of the prison i had built around myself to keeo the pain of the real world out. You had a way of talking that soothed my every nerve. I never thought i would find love. I never even asked to fall in love but when i did.....i fell hard.

You had this way of making me feel safe. You would hold me with your arms wrapped tightly around me. You kissed the side of my head, making every nerve in my body jump. You made me feel like i was worth something. You gave me a reason to live the life that had been given to me. Often, i felt like i had known you for my whole life. Sometimes you proved to me that you knew me better then i knew myself. I would think about the things we would do to each other. Every little message you would send to me. You tried your hardest and i loved that. When we had to go our seperate ways when the moon rose above us, i felt this pain. As the hours dragged on that pain began to grow and before i could stop myself, i was out the door headed over to your place. 

Its was 2:15am. Something had came over me. A feeling that i could not get rid of. The thoughts of you still stained my mind. I climbed on the roof of your shed in order to reach your bedroom window. Everything was dark. I pulled out my phone and pulled up your number. It rang 5 times before i was able to wake you from your dreams. 

"Hello..." you said, your words slurred together from the lack of sleep.

"Open your window." i answered hoping you would let me in. 

You hung up and pulled yourself from the covers, revealing your pale legs in your blue boxers. You looked at me like i was insane for being there but you opened the window and let me crawl through. I apologized for being there this early but you silenced me with a kiss. You went back to your bed and crawled under the covers. You looked at me as if asking me to join you. I slid off my shoes and crawled beside you, covering myself with your blanket. You looked at me with your sleepy eyes. You pulled me close and kissed me again. This time it was more demanding then the one before. At that moment i let myself go.

You slid your hands under my shirt, moving them up and unbuckling my bra strap. I kissed you harder. You moved down to my neck and then worked your way back up to my lips. Your breath tickled my neck. I wanted more. I felt like i could give you everything you ever wanted. I felt like i was ready, but i wasnt. I wasnt sure i wanted to give it up quite yet.

You moved my hands down to my underware. Slowly you started to take them off. My hands shot down and grabbed yours before you could go any farther. You respected me and looked up. You looked as if you had hurt me somehow. You pulled yourself away and got out of the bed. You stood by your window for a long time and just looked out. 

"Are you afraid...?" you asked. You turned and made eye contact with me. 

"Yes." i answered. 

You stayed silent. You didnt know what to tell me to make things better. 

"Do you love me? Do you trust me?"

"Yes." I said again feeling my throat close up.

You started to walk over to me. You cupped your hands around my face and looked right into my eyes.

"Then i can promise you that i will wait for you. As long as it takes because i am in love with you! Please dont be afraid. I will always be here baby."

And that was a promise that you had kept for a long time. 

MADDO SILVER said...
MADDO SILVER, MUMBAI, Other
simple and sweet write up .... I liked it.....:)