The Morning | Teen Ink

The Morning

February 9, 2015
By Julia Patino BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
Julia Patino BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The birds started chirping, and the sun was rising. I loved the smell of fresh morning air.  The view from my balcony was just so perfect. It was so peaceful there looking at the horizon.
  I heard someone pulling up to my driveway, and walking toward my door. I walked toward my door to greet the stranger I had seen getting closer to my door.
Knock knock! That handsome young man was now standing at my doorway. 
“Hi can I help you?” I asked as I answered the door.
“Hello, I was wondering if you could help me give me some directions to get to the farmers market?” the young man answered.
“Yes, sorry I didn’t get your name,” I replied.
“Sorry, my name is Aiden and what is your name?”
“My name is Evelyn and I was just headed to the farmers market, you can just follow me”
“Okay that sounds good, I will wait for you in the car.” He said as he turned around and walked to the car. I went in and changed clothes, and then I left to the car to head to the market. We got to the market and he parked next to me. I got out of the car and followed.
“Here we are now” I said to Aiden
“Would you mind giving me a tour or are you too busy?” He responded
“Sure, I’m in no hurry!”
“Where should we start the tour?”
“We will start through this entrance near the fruits and then we will make our way around” I said to him as we started walking toward the entrance. We walked around the market for about 3 hours. I finally left the supermarket and went home. I was cooking my dinner, and thinking why he would show up at my front door. We had bonded a lot. We had a lot of things in common. I really enjoyed that morning.
It had been 4 days since I had last seen Aiden. I was walking around the market, and I saw him at the orange and apple stand. I wasn’t sure if I should have approached him, so I just kept getting the vegetables. I heard someone saying my name but I wasn’t sure if I should turn around.
“Hello, Evelyn!” I heard a man say.
“Oh hello Aiden!” I said when I saw him behind me.
“How you been?”
“I have been good! How about you?” I replied.


“Good! I was wondering if you would like to go get a drink with me”
“Yea, Sure When?”
“How does tomorrow sound?”
“Perfect!”
“I will meet you at the café at around 6!”
“Okay see you then” I said as I grabbed my bags to head to my car. I thought I was not going to be able to see him again. I was surprised when he asked me to go get a drink with him. I was so nervous the next morning while I was getting ready. I couldn’t decide what to wear and it would make me look fat. The date really went well and we bounded even more than we did in the market. I had so much fun just sitting there and having a nice conversation with him. About two weeks after we went on the date we started dating.
It has been about six months since we have been dating, and things are being very good. We argue sometimes but everything comes to a solution in the end. He is the best, and always makes me feel good and appreciated.
It was a Saturday morning in my perfect morning that I love so much. He arrived at my house unexpected that morning.
“Hi!” he said
“Hello” I said as he was starting to kneel down
“Will you Mary me?” he asked as he showed me the ring.
“Yes I will!” I said as he put the ring on my finger. He was the best for doing it today. We got married six months after he proposed. We fell in live since the first day we saw each other.