A Walk on the Beach | Teen Ink

A Walk on the Beach

By Crysta BRONZE, Kalispell, Montana
Crysta BRONZE, Kalispell, Montana

I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
Marilyn Monroe

It was a warm, sunny day on the coast of Florida. I was walking along the shore, feeling the cool water splash onto my feet. The beach wasn’t full where I was at but I could still just barely hear the cars on the highway a couple miles away.

I was getting hungry walking a mile and a half, no more water in my water bottle and a rumbling stomach. I walked along some snack shack and had an order of fish fried in Cajun spices and fries with a Pina Colada to wash it down. The taste was like jumping out of an airplane at a hundred miles per hour.

After eating my fish and fries, I filled my water bottle and went again. As I walked out of the shack this surfer guy came walking in after me. He was blonde with blue eyes. He had a body that could make girls knees go weak. His skin was like a caramel color that was just perfect.

I on the other hand was a girl who has red hair, green eyes. No one ever really notices me except if I talk to them first, which is very rare. I’m quiet, shy and uncomfortable with myself in some situations.

Sometimes I even wonder how I have friends. My dad has always kept me in his sight. After mom left it was like a piece of the puzzle was missing. It was crazy how protected I was.

Now that I think about it more, maybe I was too protected. I mean look at me now, I am easily getting good grades and staying out of trouble. Back to the hottie I just saw.

He looked at me and smiled. I almost melted when he said “Hi”. I almost walked off after but then he asked for my name.

“Alyssa and yours?”

“Alexander.”

He must be Australian or something because no one is that good looking and from Florida.