Lucinda | Teen Ink

Lucinda

By Torakage BRONZE, McAllen, Texas
Torakage BRONZE, McAllen, Texas

Those who hate others for being different are disgusting....they don't deserve to be called human!

I nibbled a sour patch head tentatively; it wasn’t really sour; they never are. Lucinda was talking about a band known as The Prodigy telling me how it was the greatest band she had ever listened to, I was about to tell her that she said the exact same thing about Metallica a week ago but I kept my mouth shut about it. “My favorite song so far would have to be Invaders must die.” She said, putting a thoughtful finger on her chin. I took another sour patch kid out of the bag and examined it, twisting it around until I put the head between my teeth, then I took Lucinda’s chin in my hand and took the opportunity of her open mouth to place my lips upon hers. I shoved the candy into her mouth lightly and pulled back, she chewed with her cheeks puffed up in a pout and her face was a scarlet red; to me she looked like a tomato. When she swallowed she raised her fist and it came rocketing down on my head, I put up my arm to block her blow. “You stupid jerk! I hate you, Brandon!” It was like this for us, we would be friends for a moment and in the next we were something more….we had those loving moments, those sad moments, and even those angry moments time to time. At the end of those moments though, somehow, we would always laugh. “I love you Lucinda…” She stopped her ranting about me being a jerk and a soft smile graced her beautiful face, “I love you too.”

SHER_locked PLATINUM, Alta Loma, California
Aww, that was so sweet. =)

EmmettHerculeLaFave SILVER, Tucson, Arizona

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again." -Thomas Paine

Like I told you, expertly written and very very sweet. Made my day. 5/5, keep up to good work!