Chosen chapter 3 | Teen Ink

Chosen chapter 3

November 5, 2011
By jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
68 articles 0 photos 90 comments

Ch 3

We walked out into a room that connected to both a kitchen and a living room.

“Here is the living room, and the couch.” you said jumping onto it and sinking into the cushions.


You patted the seat next to you but I ignored you and kept walking around the living room. I vaguely saw your inviting smile turn into a frown. I saw a book shelf and immediately walked over to it. Sliding my finger along one of the shelves I looked at all the titles, seeing if you had anything interesting. I heard the couch squeak and I spun around to make sure you weren’t that close to me.

“Do you like it?” you asked me knowing not to come much closer.
I didn’t want to say anything to you so I just nodded my head and bit my lip. You walked towards the kitchen without saying anything else; I guess you knew I was giving you the silent treatment. I took a glance back at the bookshelf before following after you.

“The Kitchen.” you said, and then you looked back at me.
“You must be hungry; you’ve been asleep for two days.”
I watched you walk over to a cabinet and pull out a loaf of bread. My stomach growled and I put my hand over it to try to make it stop. I didn’t want you to know that I was hungry because I didn’t want to gladly take anything that you gave me. I walked over to a chair that was placed on the island kitchen table and sat in it, leaning my cheek to my palm as I watched you move to the next cabinet and pull out a jar of peanut butter.

“You’re uh... not allergic to peanuts are you?” you asked me with concern.

I shook my head no and watched you at the kitchen counter as you continued on making me food that I didn’t want. My mouth watered as you spread the thick creamy peanut butter over the fluffy piece of bread. You covered it with another piece of bread and bit into it. My stomach growled some more and you smirked.

“Don’t worry; I’m making one for you too.” You told me putting down your sandwich on a napkin.

You repeated your sandwich making and this time when you placed down the peanut butter sandwich on a napkin you slid it towards me. I looked at the sandwich knowing that I was so hungry, but also knowing that I could not give in to you that easy. You bit into your sandwich again and with a mouth full of peanut butter you.
“Go on, I know you want it.” you said to me.
I gulped and looked up to see you cleaning off the knife and placing it onto the counter. I now knew what I had to do. Leaving my sandwich on the table, untouched, I got up from my chair and walked around the table. You lifted your eyebrows at me surprised that I was walking closer to you. My stomach clenched but I knew I had to take a risk to get out of this place.

“I remember, it was you at the party.”

I practically had to choke on the words to get them out. You leaned back on the counter and I walked towards you until we were face to face, until I could feel your breath hitting my neck, you smelled like peanut butter, disgusting. I leaned in closer to you, making you think that I wanted you to kiss me, bemused you leaned in and I watched as your eyes closed. Standing on my tiptoes I stretched my arm around you, careful not to touch you and snatched the knife off of the counter. Just before your lips met mine I took a step away and put the tip of the knife to your chest. The minute you realized you weren’t going to kiss me you opened your eyes, and you looked down to see the knife at your chest.

“Ouch, that was a low blow.” You said putting your hands up in surrender.

“Let. Me. Go.”

I told you sternly pressing a little harder with the knife, making sure you knew not to test me. My eyes like daggers bored into yours with sizzling anger.

You responded “You should know better than to do that.”
For one second I faltered and the knife slipped a bit in my hand. You grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me arms length away from you. You trudged towards me until I was the one pressed up against the counter, I should’ve known that this would backfire. You uncurled my white fingers from the death grip I had on the knife. Taking the knife in your hand you tossed it into the sink, when you leaned in close to me I turned my cheek.
With your lips as close to my ear as possible you said “I thought I could trust you, but now, now I don’t know. You don’t want me to have to tie you up do you? Do you?!”
Soon you were spitting your words at me, and like a child getting scolded by their mother I looked at my feet and mumbled,

“No…..”

I peeked up to see you exhaling largely and pacing back and forth in front of me. You picked up your sandwich and tore off a piece angrily with your mouth. You soon realized that I was watching you and you stopped pacing.

“Come on.”

You told me clutching my wrist and dragging me behind you. My stomach churned and I felt like I was going to be sick. I tried to fight you, I grabbed onto the doorways and the tables but every step of the way we got closer and closer to the bedroom. You got tired fighting with me and during one of my kicking raves you looped your hefty arms around my waist and heaved me up. Once we got through the doorway you dropped me and I landed in a heap on my hands and knees on the floor. Shutting the door you sat down and leaned against it, guarding it to make sure that I wasn’t getting out.

“Go ahead and try but your not getting past this. I warned you not to try anything but you went on ahead and did anyway.” You said shaking your head in disappointment.
My stomach growled once more reminding me of the aching hunger.

“No food for you today, not until you learn trust.” you scolded me.

Tears welled at the corners of my eyes and I got up and walked towards the bed. I felt your eyes fixating on me and I swear that they were burning holes in the back of my head. I got a pillow from off the bed and a blanket dragging both to the farthest corner in the room to sit down. When I got comfortable under the blanket, resting my head against the pillow I glanced towards you, and I saw you chuckling and shaking your head….

I tried to ignore the hunger that was cramping my stomach as day morphed into night. I could tell when the night came on because I saw you check your watch, and then let out a big yawn shortly after. I repeatedly told myself that I was not going to fall asleep. I knew that you were just waiting for my eyelids to fall, so that I was defenseless, unconscious almost, how sweet of you; but I was smart, I knew better. I just sat there and as time ticked by, I watched you, and I waited.


The author's comments:
Finally some more, I am all the way to chapter 5 with this so don't worry I have tons more coming, keep reading and I am open to any comments or thoughts. ENJOY!!