Perfectly Imperfect | Teen Ink

Perfectly Imperfect

October 10, 2011
By artfullymade14 BRONZE, Chesapeak, Virginia
artfullymade14 BRONZE, Chesapeak, Virginia
2 articles 5 photos 41 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Live as if you'll die tomorrow, dream as if you'll live forever."
-Unknown Author


Everything about Jason screams excitement. His out ward appearance radiates adventure and danger, but if you look beyond that into his soulful deep eyes, you will discover more…love, lust, loss, romance. He’s the perfect balance, something I need to jump start something incredible.

“Beautiful,” he muttered, his eyes locked on the stars. I turned my head and smiled. Everything about him was perfect.
“I never thought I would be on a roof, looking at the stars on the night of my prom, with you.” I said trailing off as he sat up and put a stray piece of blonde hair back with the others.
“We can go, if you’d like that better…” he said, touching the hem on my loose navy blue sweater. His tattoo slid into view from his gray t-shirt, then vanished again.
“No!” I answered back too quickly. He laughed and lightly pulled me into his lap.
I stared into his dark brown eyes and they melted in my gaze, like chocolate. His jet black, wavy hair framed his perfect face, and he flashed me a dazzling smile that could kill. I felt my face blushing scarlet red and I smiled back. His fingertips brushed my cheekbone.
“Do you want to dance?” he asked me.
“Jason? Have you utterly lost your mind? Up here, on a roof?” He rolled his eyes and let out a chuckle.
“No, climb the tree down to the ground.” I raised an eyebrow and stared at him; waiting for him to say something logical. Obviously he was waiting for my response.
“You’re hysterical. You expect me to climb down a tree.” I shook my head.
“Get on my back,” He said. His dark eyes were playful, although dark and mysterious at the same time. I bit my lip considering the possibilities; glancing from the dark ground and back to his angelic face. “Trust me,” he cooed.
I let out a sigh and my breath made a fog cloud in the cool night time April air. “Okay.” He braced me with his hand and I climb onto his back. Jason grabbed one of the winding branches of the tree that draped over my house. I clutched his chest, clinging to him like a monkey. Under my hand, I felt his rock hard muscles tense as he slowly, and carefully maneuvered his way down to the plush grass of my front yard.
Every time Jason did something like this, it would send butterflies in my stomach. He knew it too, this amused him. We finally touched the ground and I let out a breath in relieve. He chuckled and spun me around so I was facing his god-like body. Jason’s fingers slid under my chin and tilted my head up, his lips met mine and for a second, I felt like I was floating. Everything about this moment was perfect. The only thing I wanted right now was for him to hold me tighter. To never have this moment interrupted.
He pulled away; his eyes were glistening, and his lips folded into one of those breathtaking smiles that always seemed to knock me off my feet. I blushed and turned my head away. Jason’s hand caught my face and turned it ever so gently so that he could look into my eyes. “You don’t have to do that.” He said, serious now. “There’s no need to try and be perfect around me.” I smiled as I captured the image of his deep brown, almost black eyes reflecting complete honesty back to me, and I permanently etched it into my brain.
“I prefer flaws,” he whispered into my ear, his voice like velvet.
Jason kissed my forehead and then he lifted me so I was standing on the top of his shoes. His left hand held mine and his right hand pulled my waist tight against his perfectly chiseled body. While smiling one of those ‘knock you breathless’ smiles, he began twirling me around my perfectly manicured lawn. I smiled as the chilling air weaved through my blonde waves. He slowed to a stop and fell onto the grass; I landed on top of him and laughed. I tousled his hair and kissed him one last time.
As I watched the stars with Jason, safely on the ground this time, I thought about what he said to me earlier. There’s no need to try and be perfect. I prefer flaws. I smiled at this, letting the memory of his silk voice flow through my head. I thought to myself that maybe imperfections are more beautiful than perfection. Jason is living proof of this logic. I looked back at his face and said, “Jason?”
“Yes?” he answered.
“Kiss me,” I stated boldly. His lips curled into a smile and we closed the gap separating us…a perfect way to end my night.


The author's comments:
Feel free to comment on how I should continue their love story :)