CLoudy with a Chance of Love | Teen Ink

CLoudy with a Chance of Love

By BubbleBathTiger BRONZE, Bridgeport, Pennsylvania
BubbleBathTiger BRONZE, Bridgeport, Pennsylvania

“For, you see, each day I love you more, Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow"

- Rosemonde Gerard

It's been two weeks since we broke up. I've been feeling lonely, and miserable. My life without you has no point, but I know I have to keep on living. Somehow Trish convinced me to do tennis with her and Jade to keep my mind occupied. To keep my mind from drifting farther away from reality and to the memories that haunt me.

~

"So if Randy were to ask you out, would you say yes?" Trish asked me, eyeing me expectedly.

"I don't know, I'd have to think about it" I answered trying to hide the obvious yes that wanted to escape my mouth.

"Well, you better decide now, because he's coming over here. Smiling. More specifically, at you." Trish said as she giggled and looked out to the field. I looked towards where she was pointing and sure enough Randy Klein was walking towards our shade in the maple tree. He looked so sexy in his orange aero shirt, his faded blue jeans that fitted him in the right places and his normal black sneakers. His brown hair was done in a spiked way, and had a grin that stretched across his amazingly gorgeous dimples.

"Hey Em. How's it going?" Randy asked as he smoothly sauntered by us, and intruded our circle. Not that I minded much.

"Oh, you know. The usual crap that goes on in high school…track, homework, drama, track…how about your life? I'm pretty sure it's much more interesting than mine." I asked him. I received a swift look from Trish which reminded me that no, my life was not at all boring or uninteresting. It was the opposite. Every single day.

"It's been good. I actually came over here to ask you a question. Uh…" At this remark, Trish and Jade both stared at each other, grinned, and looked back at Randy intently. "What are you doing this Friday?" he continued, "Because I have a soccer game, and I was wondering if you wanted to go, watch me play, and then we could go somewhere fun to eat." he finished, his face flushing a light shade of pink. I guess he wasn't used to asking a girl out, when both of her friends were staring at him knowingly, and then back at me. I gulped.

"Yea, that'd be cool." I said.

His eyes twinkled. "Awesome! See ya Friday!" Randy said as he jumped with excitement andiron off.

~

I remembered that day you sake me out as I looked intently for my keys, trying to not be late for warm up at the park. Trish, being the tennis lover, had planned the entire summer with routines, practices, drills, you name it. Her intention was to get better than she already was. I finally found the keys, and decided to leave. As I opened the door, I ran into you, Randy. I was surprised to see you standing there, wearing sunglasses even though it was full on cloudy. I remembered the day you saw me cry for the first time.

~

"Em, is everything all right?" Randy asked, his big beautiful eyes filled with concern.

I sobbed loudly, indicating that no, everything was not all right. When I didn't answer, Randy sat down next to me and took me in his arms. He held me for what seemed a couple weeks. Suddenly, Randy let go of me. He jumped up, and pulled me along with him.

"Randy, please.." I started to plead, but he shook his head no. Randy took my hand in his and led the way towards the park. We walked in silence. Once at the park he sat me down on a bench.

"Listen Em, I know you feel like crap right now," Randy was always so frustratingly blunt, "but, you cannot keep crying. So, I'm going to take away your pleasure of gazing into my eyes until you stop." he said.

"How do you plan that?" I asked, because quite frankly I thought he was going to claw your eyes out.

"With these." he said as he pulled out a pair of dark sunglasses. He put them on, and acquired a serious, straight face. Randy decided to stare at me, but I looked away.

"It's cloudy out. You look ridiculous."

"I don't care." he responded. It made me smile.

~

Seeing you wear your sunglasses on a cloudy day, made me laugh inspire of myself. I looked down at what you held in your big, strong hands that used to melt as one in mine. Inside the box I saw all of my stuff. Books, CD's, missing rings and bracelets, even the silly pen we used to fill in mad libs on our various road trips. I swallowed a sob that had begin to form in my throat. I gulped loudly, and you noticed, but kept the ever grim expresso on your handsome face.

"Here's your stuff. I thought you should have it back" you said as you pushed forward the heavy looking cardboard box. It took me five seconds to realize that you wanted closure, and that was why you decided to give me my stuff back. I realized I had done the same thing, only I wanted to keep your CD's. I wanted to keep all the crap you left in my car, my room, my house. I wanted to keep it all to remember you in a good way, Not the haunting memories that made me realize what an idiot I was for falling for you. For nor realizing that you were bad news with a sprinkle of sweet. Keeping your crap made me realize I was still not over you.

I grabbed the box from your hands and quickly went inside to set it down. I'd have to pick it up after the park. I looked at the time and yelped. Trish was going to pull my hair for being late. I ran outside and rammed into you. Again.

"I thought you left."

"I was going to but then I couldn't. Seeing you made me realize how much I still lo-…"

"Please don't. I've spent enough time trying to get over you, I don't want to have to go over it again. You caused me too much pain Randy. I'm sorry." I tried to push past you, but you were to fast for me. You grabbed my hand and pulled me back to face you.

"Em, I…"

"No, Randy. Please just forget it." To this you responded by pushing me against my door. You were inches away from me, and I could feel your hot breath on my cold cheeks as you spoke.

"Em, I was wrong. I'm sorry I hurt you. I never meant to. I…I…I…have no words, but actions. And actions speak louder than words sometimes." you said. You leaned in to kiss me, and I let you. I lost myself in your lips again, something I feared to do again, but yet longed to do anyways. I wrapped my arms around your neck and came home. The emptiness I had felt moments ago had left me, and now all I had was you.

"I love you" you said as you pulled away, taking your sunglasses off of your eyes.

"It's still cloudy."

"Not anymore."

This is my second piece of work I submitted. I hope you like it. :)

amondal SILVER said...
amondal SILVER, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
btw its antara- i changed my screen name thingy

amondal SILVER said...

wow! i can see how this relates to your life :)

nice work!

poojakistan96, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
really romantic...love love love....good use of adjectives and descriptive words...<3