A Book in the Library | Teen Ink

A Book in the Library

By Coldfire SILVER, Hammond, Louisiana
Coldfire SILVER, Hammond, Louisiana

"We're too young to know that certain things are impossible, so we do them anyway." - William Penn

She's like a book in the library. One of those old books, with a canvas cover, greyish blue or rusty red, and simple white text on the spine. No one would grab her at first glance, like the shiny, showy covers of those new books. But inside her seemingly drab or common cover, she is a classic. A remarkable story filled with strength and weakness, love and loss, happiness and sadness, but ultimately, a hope that has kept her alive for decades. She may be passed over by most for the shallow new bestsellers, but when the time is right, someone will have the pleasure of opening her canvas cover, greyish blue or rusty red, and discovering the classic that she is, astonished at what everyone has been missing.

I'm a guy, but I have three sisters, and I care very much about the feelings of girls in this world where there is so much pain and disappointment. I wrote this as a pick-me-up, a light at the end of the tunnel for girls who think they have no chance at love.

carilloony GOLD, Sterling, Virginia

"To love another person is to see the face of God."

Agree with both of the other commenters... so sweet <3

bookprincess said...
on Jan. 18 2011 at 11:51 am
that was really sweet and i agree with softballfreak42, this means so much to the girls (like me) that have no one to love them and sometimes don't think that they will feel what everyone else feels.

on Jan. 18 2011 at 11:24 am
softballfreak42 GOLD, Holmdel, New Jersey

-DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-A love story gone wrong. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a love story.
-Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.
-When writing the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen.

awwwww thats so sweet! means a lot to us girls =)