My Guardian Angel | Teen Ink

My Guardian Angel

By its_just_me PLATINUM, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
its_just_me PLATINUM, Greensburg, Pennsylvania

Life is not measured by the amount of breath's you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

It happened on the way to my basketball game. My mom was driving me. I was in the passengers seat, practically jumping with excitement. My mom was my coach, and she was telling me that she would let me stay in the game as long as I wanted to.

That's when the truck came around the corner. I was just saying how nothing could ruin this night, when the truck turned the corner and slammed into us. Hard. The last thing I remember was feeling the air bag hit my face and feeling an electric spark go through my body.

Next thing I knew, I was sitting on top of a large building. There was a man sitting next to me. "Who are you?" I asked him. He looked at me with sad eyes before he answered me.

"I'm your Guardian Angel. And it's not your time to go," he said and snapped his fingers. Now, I was in an ambulance. I had one of those mask things on that helps you breathe. Without even asking, I knew my mom hadn't survived the crash.

Every day after that, I could feel him watching me. But, I could only see him when I really wanted to. He would comfort me after something terrible happened. He stayed with me for a month when my mom passed away.

I grew up, and he came to me more often. He wouldn't visit me very often if I was seeing someone. But, when I wasn't seeing anyone, he would visit me every day.

One day, he told me he loved me. It had taken me a while to realize what he had told me, and I didn't know how to react. That's when he kissed me. It was like fireworks in my mouth.

That's when I knew. I loved him, too. He came to me every day after that. He was protecting me and being with me. He proposed to me one night. It was storming, and I was so scared. He was comforting me when he asked me to marry him.

Not wanting to be without him, I accepted. I was now going to be Mrs. James Laxon. He would still be my Guardian Angel, but he would be my husband, too.

The only bad part of him being my Guardian Angel was that he would always have to leave me, and it might take him days at a time for him to finally come back. But he always came back. Except for one time.

We had been eating dinner, when he suddenly disappeared. I didn't see him again until I was dying. He was there every second with me. And when I died, he brought me back to that rooftop. He told me that he would never have to leave me again.

It would have been perfect, but he was still a Guardian Angel. And he wasn't just my Guardian Angel. He did his best to stay my Guardian Angel, but eventually it became too hard of a task. That's when we became just husband and wife in heaven. But in my heart, he would always be my Guardian Angel. Always.

The movie City Of Angels inspired this movie. It touched my heart, and gave me something to think about and create my own story out of it.

*Wasn't. Oops!

My mom said the same thing when she read this. I was thinking about the time travelers wife at all when I wrote this.

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

"I may be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it." - Maya Angelou

"Did you know 'I told you so' has a brother, Jacob?" she asked cutting me off. "His name is 'Shut the hell up.'" - Bella Swan, Breaking Dawn

hmm.. it's interesting to read that you were inspired by City of Angels (I've only seen the beginning though). Actually, I instantly thought of The Time Traveler's Wife when I read your story. It was very similar to that movie as well.

inksplatters21 SILVER, Mason, Ohio

"Character is how you live when no one is watching."

good story

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

This was wonderful, sweet and well-written, nice plot line.  Excellent job.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?