I Have Never Seen Her Cry | Teen Ink

I Have Never Seen Her Cry

By LostAngel DIAMOND, Jersey, New Jersey
LostAngel DIAMOND, Jersey, New Jersey

"Just live your life, if people don't like the way you are doing it then they can get out of it" "if you can't stand me at my worst you dont deserve me at my best"

In all of my three years of knowing her I have never seen her cry. Until yesterday that is. I mean, she’s told me she has cried, for no reason at all sometimes, but I have never actually witnessed her cry. Yesterday was a normal day, we were hanging with some friends, one was visiting from Maine, and she was sitting in between me and him. She was the only girl in the group, like always, but that never bothered her. She said girls easily bore her. We were all laughing and having a good time. Then it started; her cry that is. Soft at first; if I wasn’t right next to her I probably wouldn’t have heard it al all, but I was so I did. Then her body started shaking. Again, slowly at first, then became more noticeable when it seemed as if she was hyperventilating. Then she looked into my eyes. The eyes I thought I knew, all chocolate brown and full of life, were now red and glassed over with tears. She just stared at me and softly whispered “See, this is what I mean by random crying” just loud enough for me to hear then she dropped her head in what seemed like shame. What I thought was a confident girl who seemed happy and perfect now turned into a vulnerable girl who looked like she was seven again in a matter of seconds. I knew this was not a random cry. She kept assuring me that it was and that it happened during this time of the month if you know what I mean, but somehow I knew it wasn’t. It might happen all the time but there was definitely a reason besides hormones. The problem was that I couldn’t pin point exactly what it was that had made her start to cry. As she was now sobbing in my arms I looked up and saw all of the other guys staring in confusion at the girl now clinging on to me for dear life. I just whispered softly in her ear “It’s okay, I’m here, and I will always be here.” Then, as fast as it began, she stopped crying, looked up at all of the guys and smiled. I knew that was a fake smile and a fake laugh that followed, but I played along. I now think I knew what had set her off. It was me...She was crying for me...

In all of my three years of knowing Sam I have never seen her cry. Until yesterday that is...

silver_moonlit10 PLATINUM, Ashburn, Virginia
Awwww, so cute.  It seems like something I would do.....

LostAngel DIAMOND, Jersey, New Jersey

Second Part Is UPPPPPPPP

Just.A.Dream SILVER, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

Part of the J7X team. :)

Aweee, sooo sweet!<33

I wish guys were like that all the time.

Great job writing this. :)

-Kal- GOLD said...
-Kal- GOLD, Carthage, North Carolina

"Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and recieves the impossible"
-Anonymous

It was really captivating, great job! I would love to hear more though, for example why exactly she was crying. You left with a perfect ending for this one, but it feels like there should be more. :)

writergirl13 GOLD, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

yeah i know exactly what you mean!!

LostAngel DIAMOND, Jersey, New Jersey

This is part fiction and part fact. I am definatly the girl who is "One of the guys" and I actualy did cry in front of some guys once, I just changed somethings around such as the setting and reason for the cry. So it's about a 30/70 on fact/fiction kinda thing if you get what I mean

Ambrose Bierce

Wow!!! That was so sweet!! Her character kind of reminds me of myself. I never cry if anybody else is there, but I cry when I'm in my room and stuff. I'm also the one that stays away from girl drama and drama in general, not a girly girl who'll be friends with all girls. I really like this piece-- so many people can relate to it somehow. :)

LostAngel DIAMOND, Jersey, New Jersey

Thanks again for all the loveee. I never thought of writing more for this but I'll think about it, keep watching my new work coming to the website, a second part will probably be written soon :)

CardinalRunner BRONZE, Holland, Michigan
Aww i loved it! It was very cute!

HappyAsABee SILVER, Victoria, Other

Those heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter; therefore ye soft pipes, play on.
-John Keats

OFCOURSE I WANT IT TO CONTINUE! its amazing! also, i really wanna know what happens next!

MarinaOreo GOLD, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

"Your soul is the whole world" -Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse

Modernized emotional damsel in distress :) I'm liking it :D Please write more? Unless you feel like nothing else can be written, event though I highly disagree! You are a very talented writer :)

on Apr. 7 2010 at 8:01 am
LostAngel DIAMOND, Jersey, New Jersey

Thanks! Wait, HappyAsABee, you want me to continue the story?? Never thought about that...

HappyAsABee SILVER, Victoria, Other

-John Keats

ooohhhhh i wanna know what happens.

your writing is amazing btw. dont stop.

Meli138 said...
Meli138, GP, Texas

"Like a bird with broken wings its not how high he flies but the song he sings"
"Everybody live like its the last day you will ever see tell me tell me do you feel the pressure now?"

Great job! Amazing i like how you repeated the first line at the end. :) I liked this story alot :)