Lightest Night of my Life | Teen Ink

Lightest Night of my Life

By SamiStarkid2276 GOLD, Coventry, Rhode Island
SamiStarkid2276 GOLD, Coventry, Rhode Island

"Too err is human, to forgive is against company policy."

Hello. My name is Sabrina Robin Malo. My friends in Rhode Island call me Bria. When I lived in Rhode Island, I had tons and tons of friends. I was a great softball player and the school's singer and Queen Bee. All that changed on that one day. This is my story of how I went from a happy, good life, to a life that I never wanted to have.

On April 22nd 2006, my parents died in a car crash. Since my Memere (Oh, that's french for grandmother) was busy with Pepere (French for grandfather) and my Great Memere, and my Uncle had two kids of his own and was way to busy, I moved in with my Auntie Bethany. My Auntie Bethany is great. With my Uncle Michael, cousins Jasmine Rachel and Korin, life would sound pretty good right? Oh yeah, they-we-live in Texas. Well, it's not so great. My cousin Jasmine and I are shape-shifters from the Scarlet Pack. Jazzt and I are like sisters, we have to be in order to keep our secret safe. Not even Lexi or Isabel know about us. We shape-shift in pathers, thats why we always wear a black necklace with a panther on it. Its what we are. And being members of the Scarlet Pack, somehow gave us powers. I can see the future, and Jasmine controls the elements. Plus we can know what everyone is thinking, so it's good for school. But now we face the worst part in our educational lives. Where secrets are told almost as much as students walk in the halls. High School.

Jasmine and I walk into the school, On The Rocks High School. Its a good thing we are the same age, only I'm older by 5 days. I look around the school, getting a headache because Jasmine and I transvered because of a pather was sitting my seat, and not me. Okay, in my defense I didn't I phased into panther form. It all looks the same for me, but I just walk alittle faster! So when we walked in, everyone stopped talking. Okay ye, because we are shape-shifter, we looks hot. I mean how many girls can bench press 200+? Not many! And we dont even looks that strong.

"Come on Bri. Lets go."Jasmine said, pulling me out of my mind for a minute.

"Okay Jazzy." I followed Jasmine and walked towards science class, where all sorts of trouble happened.

I walked into science class with Jasmine, seeing my neighbor Michelle, wave. Jazzy and I sat next to her, right when our teacher came in.

"Okay class, we have two new students." Ms. Mery said to the class. "Sabrina Malo and Jasmine Kilo."

Jazzy and I stood up, nodding. We muttered hellos before taking our seats once more. I wasn't paying attention of course. I saw someone's eyes. The color of the sky right after it rained. All I would think about were though eyes. Shining as a cihld on Christmas morning. Deep as an abyss in the middle of the Antlantic Ocean.

I vaguely heard the bell ring, Jasmine and Michelle shaking my shoulders.

"Bria! Come on, snap out of it. We have to go to class." Michelle was saying.

I shook my head and stood up, only to pass out on the floor.

Some of my best friends inspired these characters. People don't know I write until now. I thank my friends, for inspiration and help to write.

SAMI! OMG. One thing- I thing this shoulr go under sci-fi/fantasy. just saying. But still. GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Haha, I love you too Meg. And yes, you are a BIG inspiration. And yes, you are Jasmine or Michelle in this. And thanks for commenting!!!! 

nutmeg212 GOLD said...
nutmeg212 GOLD, Coventry, Rhode Island

"Don't worry about it." -V.Z.

Good job Sami!!!!!  I know, i knoow, i'm inspiration...  how could i not be??? which one am i??? I am a panther! RAWR! or MEOW? good good good!!!! Love ya!!!