Delarie Teen Years: Part 8 | Teen Ink

Delarie Teen Years: Part 8

November 24, 2009
By mari14 SILVER, MI, Florida
mari14 SILVER, MI, Florida
9 articles 0 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love or oxygen, you need both to live and pump your heart." -By Mari


Just then Jared burst in through the door and knocked the guy down and punched him repeatedly. “Close your eyes,” Jared ordered. I shut my eyes and immediately heard a piercing scream. “Don’t open your eyes yet.” I felt Jared kick the guy under the bed and now the bed felt lumpier. “You can open your eyes now.” I opened them and as soon as I did, Jared’s expression changed from confident to a miserable one. He stepped towards me, “Are you-” The tears burst out again and involuntarily I hugged Jared tightly. He put his arms around me and held me. “I’m so sorry. I’m deeply sorry.” I looked up at him and his eyes were filled with tears too. I suddenly felt half of my pain and fear transfer into him. His eyes apparently showed it.
“Jared I-”
He shook his head and smiled slightly, “I am a liar and a cold-blooded one too. Instead of telling the truth I deny it or lie about it. But I have to tell you now…now that I’ve seen you…this way…”
“Wait,” I looked at the window, “what happened to Elliot and the others?”
Jared frowned, “They won’t bother you. I made sure of that. But I need to tell you this…” I watched him. He sighed. “I’m in a gang, Delarie. My brother belonged to it and he was ambushed and killed by another member in his gang. I was his only sibling so I had to replace him. My brother is not a bad person I promise you,” he said. He must have noticed the fear in my eyes. Jared continued, “He was a good person. He refused any bad deeds that involved hurting people he only stold things-but only because he had to. You see, the gang had kidnapped his girlfriend and my brother pleaded them that he would do anything to get her back and so he joined the gang. He became a thief and a smuggler but he never ever killed. So one day the gang released his girlfriend but ordered him to kill this poor old lady that took care of his girlfriend when she was little. You can guess he didn’t and so they took his life.” He peered into my eyes and he leaned forward. “So the reason I wanted you to stay away from me-from all of this, is because you’re so dear to me. I couldn’t bear to see you get hurt. And when I left it wasn’t to leave you alone because I was angry, I just used it as an excuse to find my gang to kill them. Of course, by the time we got here, Elliot and the others were already gone. However, my gang is searching for them right now.” He looked towards the window. I was speechless. My heart was beating fast but my mind was working slowly. It took a while to process all the words. “I know I did wrong. I should leave you but I can’t because you keep making your way back into my life. I know I should be happy when I get you mad at me and don’t speak to me or when I get you to leave me but I’m not. I feel awful and meaningless and my heart aches and I just-” I abruptly kissed his lips. The best feeling I’ve felt in a long time. That single kiss washed away my fear and my grief. I felt strong and I felt like myself again. He needs me…Jared needs me. I smiled and opened my eyes. Jared smiled at me and said, “Delarie, you are so precious to me. I’m not going to let anyone hurt you again and if they try to I will personally get rid of them.” He kissed me and said, “I love you.”
“I love you too.” I ignored the pain and fear that I once felt because it didn’t matter remembering that. What mattered was Jared and nothing else.