Just Like That | Teen Ink

Just Like That

By emmatheballerina GOLD, Tacoma, Washington
emmatheballerina GOLD, Tacoma, Washington

"It is not in our greatest glory in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall"
"I use to want the words "she tried" on my tombstone, now I want "she did it"

I loved him. How could that ever be fair? To have someone take away something so precious to me. It wasn't right. Why didn't he say something back? Why didn't he stand up to her. Was it meant to be? Was this just fate dealing me my hand?

We had a long lasting relashionship. We were together for about five moths going on six really soon. But it all changed that one day. That one day is all it took.

We were at a dress rehursal for the ballet "Romance gone Bad" Yeah I know, I had it coming form teh start. We were sitting in the audience waiting for one of us to go on. As we sat there and talked to each other, his part was next. I then sat there by myself. That is when his mother came to sit by me. "You know Emma, maybe you two shouldn't sit together anymore. You know how the Miss.Erin is about you two." Yes Miss.Erin. Our ballet teacher. My step mom. A ballet teacher wouldn't ever have a problem with two dancers liking or even dating each other, just me and him. His mom wouldn't have told me not to sit next to him if she hadn't told her too. She loved the idea of us together. I was the socilaite of the company, which could be because i was the daughter of the artistic director, and he was this very shy and keep to him self guy. Opposites attract you know.

He was better than any other guy I have dated. Which is why I will never understand why she objected so much of us beiing together. I still believe to this day it is because she had a bad experince with men, and could not manage to keep one. I blame her latest ex for the cause of all this.

Any way, so after Tyelers piece was performed, the queen herself called him over to her. They talked in hush voices, and soon he left. I waited for him to come back out and take his seat, but he never came back out. I then left my seat to go find him. I found him in teh hallway leading to the stage. He was sulking. I lready knew what this was about. "What did she say" I asked. He told me that she said that he and I were to not talk or even be around each other. I was so heart broken. No amount of preperation could have gotten me ready for that. I left without saying anything. I ran down the stairs and into the dressing room. My friend Emily was there ready to console me ini my desperate time of need. We went to the bathroom and I just cried my eyes out. She was there telling me it was okay and that things were going to get better. You know, teh usual. But it didn't make me feel any better.

I had to pull myself together afterward. I had to go on the stage and dance. Unfortunatly, my next piece was with Tyeler. Of all the damn luck. As I was dancing,I was I mess. I was falling all over the place. As soon as my part done. i left. That was it.

To this day, I still think we would have been together if not for her demand. We still keep in contact and dace together. But I always wish there was more. Always

I was inspired from a past experinece much like this one.I hope you like it and I really hope you never have to experince it.