I wish i came forword... | Teen Ink

I wish i came forword...

By PopWriter BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other
PopWriter BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

I remember that day very well, the day when i first saw you. You were there standing idly in the chemistry class, next to the periodic table chart.There were a group of people about you calling out to you "So hey Corey, i gotta big party on Saturday Night. You coming right?" or a girl sqeaking "Corey, you were so awesome at the event last night".When i first entered the class and saw you, i thought you were not for real, for such breathtaking was your handsomeness.I mean your blond hair was nicely done in a way that would have given Owen Wilson a run for his money.You were tall, with the right anount of muscles at the right places.You had your polo shirt on and ragged Abercrombie jeans that made it look like you were the ambassador model for the fashion brand.Trust me, a guy could possibly not have looked hotter than you.I couldnt get over the chills that ran down my spine, as i stood there awestruck, motionless, not even least bothered with the weight of my chem book that was so carelessly held in my already tired hands. Eleven seconds into it when you finally realised that someone was staring at you. You turned your head and looked straight into my direction, our eyes met, and a freindly smile crept your face. I was about to come forword and introduce myself, when suddenly your equally breathtakingly beautiful girlfriend, came by, flung herself into your arms, and smothered you with Maybelline smelling kisses.My heart sank, as i saw you indulge in what she gave you.Unable to bear the sight, as tears welled up in my eyes i forgetting that even Mr.Burckle entered the class, i ran for the girls bathroom and locked myself in it.
I didnt know what i was doing. I mean i was a complete nerd, liked to study, and never such a thing as a boyfreind in my life;i never experienced what love was. But today such a nerd like me was in a matter of a second, completely smitten by a transfer student from Kelby High School, not to mention who was the talk of the school from the past week, and as it was obvious,was dating one of the cheerleaders from our school. I did not pay much attention that time, thinking that it would be some regular jock with bulging muscles or a popular kid into alcohol,drugs etc, things that i completely despised.
But today was different,not only did your good looks that were so innocent win my love for you, but also the way you smiled at me when our eyes met, made me build an affinity towards you. Normally people would take their eyes off me the moment they saw me,because of my appearence that was so 'nerdy',i mean i was real short,real thin so much so that my bones would literally show, i had one huge mass of bushy hair sticking out of my head, and not a single mark of make up on. But you unlike the others did not move your sight from me but made your beautiful blye eyes rest on mine for a whole,silencing 10 seconds, which gave me an oppurtunity to come and introduce myself.But i ruined it, ran away like a coward when i should have come forward extende my hand and atleast accepted a token of freindship from you.
I am now standing infront of my bedroom mirror as the screams from my parents fight,which becomes quite regular these days,penetrates to my room.I slowly rub the tears off my face. Such incidents do not occur in my life often, when they start i feel joy and amazement spreading over me which is later followed by heart breaking angst and greif.Such incidents tend to be short but unforgettable.
I wish i could have a freind who could guide through these hard situations. Something i would possibly be having if i took the right step that day.

I beleive that alot of us miss out on oppurtunities when they come our way. I was inspired to write this to tell people that fear only makes us repent our situation later. Though whatever the situation might be,we should always go forword and grab it, do what our heart says.

not all storiez hav a happy ending

biddycakes said...
biddycakes, Charlotte, North Carolina
wow that was amazing! but i do wish it was a happy ending.....

PopWriter BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Thanks alot.

Terry09 said...
OMG.This was such a good peice. I mean seriously i was like that girl, shy, nerdy and not so good looking. But my freind, now my boyfreind, helped me through it. Kepp writing and u rock.

Wolfgirl SILVER, San Antonio, Texas
Such a creative piece and i admire your sense of honesty with great emotion.