EC+AM=4ever Chapter 4, Part 1 | Teen Ink

EC+AM=4ever Chapter 4, Part 1

By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

11:00 a.m.

Ash's House

Ding Dong

"Hey, Evalynne," Ash said as he answered the door. "Who's your friend?"

"I'm Kristy. Evalynne wanted me to meet you." Kristy replied.

"Oh, well I'm Ash. Why don't you two step inside?" he offered. Both of us walked into his house and he shut the door behind us.

His living room was bare except for a couch, a TV, and a table which the TV was placed on. "So what's up?" he asked.

"Nothing much, how about you?" I asked.

"Same here," he replied.

"So Ash, I heard you met Julianne and Kelly the other day. How was that?" Kristy asked him.

"It was...interesting."

"You hate them, don't you?" she remarked with a smile.

"Yeah, pretty much," He laughed and looked over at the window. His face froze in shock.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"No, I just didn't think my mom would get home so early from the grocery store. Uh, you guys should probably go now." he said, with an urgent tone to his voice.

"Ok," I began walking towards the front door with Kristy by my side, but Ash grabbed my arm and turned me the other way.

"Out the back door," He led us to his back door and opened it.

"Ash, are you sure everything's ok?" I asked him.

"Yeah, everything's fine." I heard the front door click open. "Nice meeting you, Kristy, bye." Then he slammed the door behind us.

"What was that all about?" Kristy asked me.

"He doesn't want his mom to know that we were at his house." I replied.

"But why?"

"I don't know. But I'm going to figure it out. I told you there was something weird about his mom."

"Wow, you were right. I think I might just play C.S.I. with you." she said.

"So you're going to help me figure this out?" I asked her.

"Just tell me what I need to do,"

"Awesome! First we should get out of his backyard though." So we both walked out the gate and back to my house. Then we sat across from each other at my kitchen table.

"I think we should start by researching him." Kristy declared.

"Yeah, me too. But I was also thinking that maybe if I got to know him better, he might trust me and give something away."

"That's brilliant! So how should we divide the research then?" she asked.

"You can research about him and his family. Try to find out the basics, where his mom works, where they lived before Miami, that kind of stuff. And try to figure out what his dad's name is too. I think his dad is a big part of this."

"Got it, family basics, mom's job, previous places that they lived at, dad's name." she repeated.

"Ok, if you find anything out, call me." I instructed.

"Ok, should I go home and start now or later?" she asked.

"How about we both start getting whatever information we can now, and then meet at Sadie's at eleven o'clock tomorrow." I suggested.

"Ok, see you tomorrow." Then she walked out the front door and I shut it behind her.

I decided that tonight, when Mom invited the Mongolia's over for dinner, would be a perfect opportunity for me to get some information. But to get more info, I'd have to spend a lot of time with Ash. This would be fun.

Later that day, I sat up in my room, reading Twilight, when I heard a door slam shut. I looked out my window to see Ash storming into his room. Then I looked away, pretending I hadn't noticed.

"Hey," he called out his window.

I put down my book and looked over at him, "Hi," I called back. Then I walked to my window so we could talk.

"Do you want to come over? My mom finally left." he said.

"Sure," I walked downstairs and out the front door. Ash was waiting for me on his front porch. I walked over to him, "Hi,"

"Hi, why don't you come inside?" We both walked into his house and sat down on his black leather couch.

"So why didn't you want your mom to know that Kristy and I were here earlier?" I asked him.

"My mom's not a very social person. She just likes keeping to herself and wants me to do the same." he replied.

"Oh, well my mom was planning on inviting you two over for dinner tonight. Do you think she'd say yes to that?"

"Probably not, I'm guessing she'll make up some excuse about how she's too tired even though she really isn't."

"So she never talks to any of her neighbors? Ever?" I asked in shock.

"Nope, and she wants me to be just like her. Never talking to anyone, never hanging out with anybody. But there's nothing she can do to keep me away from you." He gave me a seductive grin and my heart stopped.

"That's really sweet of you." I told him.

He stared off into space like he was thinking something over. "Can I tell you something?" he asked.

"Of course,"

"I like you. A lot." He gazed into my eyes and I felt my adrenaline speed up.

"I like you too." I replied.

"Well then tonight we should meet each other. But I'd have to sneak out so my mom doesn't know about it. How about when I flicker my light on and off, we both come outside and walk to the park. Then we can just be together without my mom telling us not to. We can be alone."

I couldn't believe this was actually happening. It was perfect. Ash was perfect. Everything was just perfect. "Ok," I agreed.

"Cool, so just watch out your window and when you see me flicker my light, come meet me outside."

"Sounds good to me," I said.

Then a car pulled into the driveway. Ash's mom's car. "Ok, sorry, but you have to go now." he told me.

"It's fine, I'll see you tonight." Then I walked out his back door and into my house.

Ash liked me! He actually liked me! Did this mean he was my boyfriend? Did I actually have a sweet, smart, extremely hot boyfriend?

My mom and dad got home about an hour later. "Hey mom, are you still inviting the Mongolia's over for dinner?" I asked.

"Yes I am. And I'm sure Ms. Mongolia is much nicer than she seems." she replied.

"If you say so," But I knew that nice was the exact opposite of Ms. Mongolia.

I walked over to Ash's house with my mom to invite them over. Ms. Mongolia answered the door, and her face told me that she wasn't happy to see me.

"Hi, I'm Holly Carter, and this is my daughter, Evalynne. I think you two have met already. We live right next door." Mom said, using her cheerful, neigborly voice.

"Yes we've already met. My name is Lori Mongolia. I think your daughter is a friend of my son, Ash." she responded.

And then Ash walked up behind her, "Yes she is." he said, grinning at me.

"We were just wondering if the both of you would like to come over for dinner. We know that you're new to the neighborhood and we just want to properly welcome you." Mom said.

"I think we should go, Mom. It would be nice to get to know our new neighbors." Ash told his mom.

"I'm actually tired from work, and we were just going to order take-out for dinner. Maybe some other time." Ms. Mongolia replied. Ash was right, excuses, excuses.

"Are you sure? We made lasagna." Mom told her persuasively.

"Come on Mom, they're our neighbors." Ash said.

"Alright, fine," she finally agreed.

My mom beamed, "Wonderful,"

"Let me just grab my purse," Ms. Mongolia walked up the stairs and came back down with a purse slung over her shoulder. Then we all walked back to my house.

Chapter 4 was too long so I had to split it into 2 parts. So this is Part 1 of Chapter 4 of my novel.

SmileyBabe SILVER, Union, Connecticut

"Whatever"

Hey, I absolutley don't like it.... I LOVE it! So good. I keep trying to find like the whole story so I am wondering if you can maybe email the whole story to me, (in order) because I need to read from the beinging. Thank you. AWESOME JOB!

Eleganta123 BRONZE, Toronto, Other
i love this story yeah for evalynne

yeah there's A LOT more actually lol....just look up ec+am=4ever & find the chapter you're on :) also when you're done, there's a sequel called ec-am=heartbreak & after that there's a 3rd called ec+wm=4never :)

KyraJ said...
KyraJ, Sotuh Norwood, Other

WAIT

isnt there anymore?

wat about all the snooping...did they find anything else out....there needs to be more :(

KyraJ said...
KyraJ, Sotuh Norwood, Other

aegh man

i was hoping there was more

i hate when these stories end

and it was so interesting aswell....i was hoping more would happen.....but i really liked it anyway

KatB14 SILVER said...
KatB14 SILVER, Chesapeake, Virginia

"You don't always get the waterfall short-cut in Mario-Kart. That's life."-I.P.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love." -Hamlet

well i think in real life it would be awkward. its hard to put your dignity on the line.

Sketched97 PLATINUM, Silver Spring, Maryland
OMG this is soo interesting. I think it was kind of awkward when he said "I like you a lot," but at the same time I liked it. I think it is a bit rushed, but thats better then it going painfully slow, and a lot of people do that. I cant wait to read the rest!!

CanYouSeeTheCrazy PLATINUM, Cle Elum, Washington

"I know why everyone in this world is so desperate to find love."
"Oh yeah? Why then?"
"Because, it's the closest thing we have to magic."

the one part was just slightly fast-paced, i agree.

but, you make up for it with interesting-ness [is that a word?] and captivating events! i can't wait to read part 2

deardiary BRONZE, Saskatoon, Other

It is a truth universally acknowedged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. -Pride and Prejudice

Its true. It was a bit rushed. It would have been nice for the conversation between ash and evelyn to last longer. the ending of this really surprised me.

JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare

yeah the whole i like you alot thing was kinda rushed...but over all i loved it!!! i'm gonna read this whole novel!!!

noelleism PLATINUM, Russellville, Alabama

I can not dwell on the past, and I will not live on what the future may hold, but yet take comfort and find perpose in the second yet to come.

yeah I agree with Anjo! and Michelle G. and whoever else agreed that him saying he liked her was a rush. but your story is still good and your a good writer. so maybe when you get this published you could alter it up a little bit. LUV IT. :)

SilverAngel SILVER, West Carollton, Ohio

"Life is an open book, we take the journey until the end." ~Me

Lol...love the story so far! Ps:June 6th is my b-day!

JustAGirlNextDoor SILVER, Peachland, North Carolina

I think my favorite quote is
"Would you rather me tell you the truth and make you sad or lie and make you happy".

It was... good I didn't like when he said I like you.

To fast I think he should've gotten to know her more or something

Anjo! SILVER said...
Anjo! SILVER, Roseburg, Oregon
No prob! anytime!

yeah i totally get it! thanks so much for your supportive critiquing though, it really does help me to become a better writer, so thanks! and thanks so much for reading the story too! :)

BeautifulSimplicity BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri

We keep it light, until it's time to go dark. Then we go pitch black.

yeah im goin to have to agree with Anjo, but other than that ITS STILL AWESOME! REALLY LOVING IT

Anjo! SILVER said...
Anjo! SILVER, Roseburg, Oregon
Dude. I like it still.. but im not digging the part where he said he liked her already. That is totally rushed. It should of been after they snuck out or something. cause they hardly know eachother, you know what i mean?

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

"The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun" -The Killers (Read My Mind)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -George Harrison

why did she need her purse??? hmm

good job oh the CSI part is very funny =)

KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California

Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

So good! You had me hanging on every word!