Wings | Teen Ink

Wings

By TheRealAriel1995 PLATINUM, Highland Village, Texas
TheRealAriel1995 PLATINUM, Highland Village, Texas

"See in what peace a Christian can die." - Joseph Addison
"How come everyone will come to your funeral, but nobody will come see you when you are living?"

I ran through the dark, dead field, hearing the crunch of bones and dead flowers. I could see him at the end of the field, his black gorgeous wings reflecting the rain off of him. The first few drops hit my skin burning and charring it. Screaming, I ran even faster. I looked at my hand and gasped, all I saw was black, smoking flesh. When I finally reached him, he smiled and spread his wings, a canopy in which I sheltered underneath. Then he pulled me in, my cheek against his thin t-shirt, absorbing his body heat. Protected from the acid rain, I slept peacefully in his arms.

AWESOME PICTURE INSPIRED ME TO WRITE THIS!

thnx so much

HeatherBee BRONZE, I Live In, Texas

Go on and try to tear me down. I will be rising from the ground, like a skyscraper

Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect

aww that was a cute lil story ^^ it was pretty interesting!

thnx for totally being honest! i hate when ppl dont tell me the truth bc then i continue to write crap. i totally agree with ure opinion. i found this in an old journal of mine and decided to put it on here for critiques. thnx so much

JLU

sleeplessdreamer PLATINUM, Raleigh, North Carolina

"I have always wanted to write in such a way that people say, 'I have always thought that but never found the words for it.'" -anonymous

Good. To be honest, not your best. BUT I really like it, but think it should be a poem. There wasn't any plot to justify it being fiction. But of course, you can do no wrong. It was still beautiful.