Regret | Teen Ink

Regret

December 12, 2014
By DanaMorgan BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
DanaMorgan BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
1 article 4 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The Moon Loved The Sun So Much He Died Every Night To Let Her Breathe.."



Seeing you is like drowning in a vast ocean. Loss of breath, thought and hope. Nothing to grab onto to pull me above the surface. I’m just stuck floating away from reality itself. Nothing but empty space and loneliness. I can scream, but no one will hear me. My voice along with my emotions are swallowed whole in the dark blue abyss. Nobody sees the struggle and fight I’m going through to survive. I’m alone.  This is when panic sets in. My body shuts down along with my train of thought. There is no escaping you. All I can see is you, acting like you can’t see me, and I begin to sink deeper into the darkness of the cold heart stopping water. Now there is no light, just darkness invading my view of happiness and life itself. My chest aches from the lack of emotions and oxygen and everything begins to blur. Still, nobody can save me. They cannot see or hear my fight. Soon the water will swallow me whole and I’ll forget. But for now I’ll just keep sinking deeper and deeper into the darkness with only one thought in the back of my mind. Regret.